SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will you continue to Support CCA? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46722)

meaux fishing 08-06-2013 04:08 PM

Will you continue to Support CCA?

Just out of curiosity, in light of the recent circumstances will you keep giving CCA your money? It seems they pretty much have their own agenda the last few years. I have never once as a member received a questionnaire if I supported the bowfishing ban or the limit on tripletail. I know they have done some good things but I dont recall them asking members about improvements they would like to see either.

Top Dawg 08-06-2013 04:25 PM

Nope

marshrunner757 08-06-2013 04:26 PM

Well, I'm not sure I call my little bit supporting. I'll continue to sign up and enter star. I consider this an insurance policy. Because I know sure as hell I don't sign up, I will pull in a tagged red, huge trout or flounder. That insurance policy keeps me from shooting myself at that point lol. And don't think for a minute that's their angle. Nobody signs up thinking they going to win. They sign up to prevent themselves from being sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Top Dawg 08-06-2013 04:28 PM

Won't even sign up for star anymore

Spunt Drag 08-06-2013 04:35 PM

I haven't signed up for the star in probably 2 or 3 years, of course i don't fish much anymore. But I fish the Shootout every year, but they can stick that up their *** now too.

marshrunner757 08-06-2013 04:36 PM

Salty Cajun 3 month tourney???? Same rules apply and have a grand prize for a CCA tagged red??? Of coarse prizes wouldn't be nearly as big but it might pull a lot of money from their pockets.... just a thought. :confused:

Matt G 08-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 614208)
Well, I'm not sure I call my little bit supporting. I'll continue to sign up and enter star. I consider this an insurance policy. Because I know sure as hell I don't sign up, I will pull in a tagged red, huge trout or flounder. That insurance policy keeps me from shooting myself at that point lol. And don't think for a minute that's their angle. Nobody signs up thinking they going to win. They sign up to prevent themselves from being sick.

My thoughts exactly.

Top Dawg 08-06-2013 04:43 PM

I would be down. For something like that.

marshrunner757 08-06-2013 04:46 PM

It could work. Something to seriously kick around. Instead of calling the tagged red a grand prize, I think we could call it a bounty prize. :D

eman 08-06-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 614208)

If it wasn't for everyone buying that little insurance policy ( which also makes you a member of CCA):eek: They would be out of business.
Even their Big $$$ wheels couldn't keep them going w/o star.
When i got my copy of the CCA mag years ago that talked about how all the state chapters were fighting the posting of waterways and winning and The La chapter would not even take up the fight. I quit CCA and the star tourney and never looked back.
Always said if i ever caught a tagged red i would cut the tag up and eat the red .

MarshRat89 08-06-2013 04:55 PM

Hard to say. I really don't have a dog in the fight, but what I do believe are there alot more important issues than this. I think it's pointless that they are wasting funds lobbying on such a petty issue. I don't think this is where their focus should me.

Feesherman 08-06-2013 05:24 PM

Last straw! I'm out!

BROWN FIN 08-06-2013 05:49 PM

Haven't since 1989.

BROWN FIN

Top Dawg 08-06-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 614247)
Last straw! I'm out!

At least we can fish the perch jerkoff next year.

Fishaholic247 08-06-2013 06:37 PM

I renewed this year but I also have decided this is my last year.
$25 to renew membership
$25 for STAR
$30 for trout shootout!

$80.00 is a bit steep at the beginning of the tournament just to say "I am a card carrying member and (they say)I get special perks"!!!
Should have put the $80 in the boat gas tank!! A buddy of mine caught TWO (2) (DOS) (multiple) tagged reds on the same spot on the same day this year two weeks before the tournament started. He called CCA and they sent him a T shirt. :-/ They asked him if he practiced catch and release he said hell no I practiced catch and grease!!!!

douc1 08-06-2013 07:56 PM

I distanced myself from the CCA years before the issue of posting waterways came up and they refused to fight for our right to fish navigable waterways. I was not surprised at all when they refused to get involved.

Andy C 08-06-2013 08:53 PM

Du. In tx. Is just as bad!

"W" 08-06-2013 08:57 PM

You know CCA blew a load when they got there seed planted on the commission board

3FLa 08-06-2013 09:05 PM

A Little Inside info

For all those who mentioned CCA's lack of involvement with waterway rights, you should all know that CCA of Louisiana has partnered with Louisiana Landowner's Association on numerous lobbying issues. In fact, they have co-sponsored bills together. It was during a committee hearing on one of those co-sponsored bills that a State Senator saw the obvious conflict of interest and coined the now often used nick name-C-apitol C-lowns A-ssociation.

This info is public record, but CCA tried for years to keep that a secret. As such, CCA will never ever address the legal access to public waterways.

Feesherman 08-06-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 614258)
At least we can fish the perch jerkoff next year.

Dats for sure happening