SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shooting at the grand 16 happening now!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60931)

alphaman 07-23-2015 07:58 PM

Shooting at the grand 16 happening now!!!

Well fellas prayers are needed. Someone just shot up the grand 16 theater in lafayette inside some down outside!!!! 1 suspect was dead

Speck Attack 07-23-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 764727)
Well fellas prayers are needed. Someone just shot up the grand 16 theater in lafayette inside some down outside!!!!

Wow.:eek:.... Prayers goes out to all victims and their families.....

mriguy 07-23-2015 08:02 PM

You have any details Lawrence?

alphaman 07-23-2015 08:03 PM

They are staging now. No one going in in or out.

mriguy 07-23-2015 08:10 PM

Just hit the news

duckman1911 07-23-2015 08:13 PM

Yeah the grand doesn't allow good people to carry guns. Not a shocker. Fish in a barrel.

marty f 07-23-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 764733)
Yeah the grand doesn't allow good people to carry guns. Not a shocker. Fish in a barrel.

Thus I carry anyways............

Hope all are ok

alphaman 07-23-2015 08:48 PM

2 dead 1 is the suspect. The other suspect on the run. 7 at the hospital

Mako19 07-23-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 764733)

Do you mean that it's not a shocker to you that someone shot up a theatre on the southside of lafayette just bc they don't allow their customers to conceal carry inside? Come on man! This type of violence is unheard of in Lafayette. A Salty Ajun member's loved one or even a mber could be a victim here and you automatically make the thread about a political stance about cc?

You DO know that it's ok if you don't have an extreme point of view about EVERY SINGLE topic right? You can be normal and sympathetic and out your radical views points to the side every once in a while, especially about something so close to home.

Bluechip 07-23-2015 08:56 PM

Tragic..... Godspeed to the victims and their families.

And may the other suspect meet his maker when the police catch up to him.

patque 07-23-2015 08:59 PM

Guns/weapons should only be kept at home. No were else, period!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alphaman 07-23-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako19 (Post 764744)
Do you mean that it's not a shocker to you that someone shot up a theatre on the southside of lafayette just bc they don't allow their customers to conceal carry inside? Come on man! This type of violence is unheard of in Lafayette. A Salty Ajun member's loved one or even a mber could be a victim here and you automatically make the thread about a political stance about cc?

You DO know that it's ok if you don't have an extreme point of view about EVERY SINGLE topic right? You can be normal and sympathetic and out your radical views points to the side every once in a while, especially about something so close to home.

Can't carry inside bc they sell alcohol inside owner rules. From what I understand.

That's open carry. If it concealed then know one knows.

"W" 07-23-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patque (Post 764747)

Really ??

Me and my wife both carry out pistols 24/7 because of stuff like this , you never know when you will need to protect your self or someone else

eman 07-23-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

You are either a communist or you need some strong medication very quickly.

Mako19 07-23-2015 09:09 PM

And now it's a political thread about the right to carry weapons...nice job.

Smalls 07-23-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

SMDH

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. You leave your guns at home. The rest of us will do what we have to to protect ourselves.

eman 07-23-2015 09:11 PM

Yes i may carry in some places that may not allow it as do others. And yes if TSHTF i hope that i will be fast and aim true, if i save one life it would be worth any charges i might face.
What are you going to do patque ? beg him not to kill you and your family???

marty f 07-23-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Hahahahahahahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: maybe you should have told the shooters this and this wouldnt have happened.

The popo have guns they will protect us........:rolleyes:

Criminals obey gun laws, right:confused:

Matt G 07-23-2015 09:16 PM

I love guns more than damn near anybody I know, but now isn't the time for that discussion. Hoping the best for the victims and first responders tonight........ And let the POS on the run never make it to court. ;)

duckman1911 07-23-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako19 (Post 764744)

Sorry you don't like it. Yeah it sucks but the grands firearm policy is part of the issue. It makes it easy for whackos. Whackos don't go to gun ranges to commit murder they go to gun free zones.
You are correct that I am not a very sympathetic person Mako. I pretty much only care about 3 people on this earth. My wife and our two children.
What happened sucks but they should have protected themselves. Like marty said. I always have my gun.