SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Salty Catch Fishing Rodeo (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64849)

CajunTackle 07-12-2016 08:32 AM

Salty Catch Fishing Rodeo

2 Attachment(s)
Looking to have some fun...and fish!

Thurs. July 21 - 6-9pm Captain's Kick-off Party at Golden Nugget Beach.
Don't miss the opening part of this night, doing something different! Giveaways, Food & Drink Specials.
Live music by the Kadillacs then Miss Salty Catch Bikini Contest!

Sun. July 24 | Weigh-In Day starts at 8am. Festival style day you don't want to miss. Lots of cash, prizes, & giveaways. Food & Drink Specials.

Offshore, Inshore, Spearfishing, Youth, & Guide Divisions!
SaltyCatch.com | Lake Charles, LA

biggun 07-12-2016 11:23 AM

Looks like a very nice rodeo.. A little to steep of an entry for offshore though...Almost double..

meaux fishing 07-12-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggun (Post 800908)
Looks like a very nice rodeo.. A little to steep of an entry for offshore though...Almost double..

Fish inshore then...

speck-addict 07-12-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggun (Post 800908)

Kinda looks like they want to make it more of a bigger tourney, which would then increase the payouts

fonikoddity 07-12-2016 08:49 PM

Lady at Cajun Tackle told me today they've got teams registered from Texas to Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr crab 07-13-2016 08:26 AM

Any s.c. guys fishing it?

biggun 07-13-2016 08:48 AM

I doubt tourney with a $500 pay out 1st place will get fishermen from other states... Except from those just across the line in Tx. Hell the out of state license and gas to get here is alot of money...

We are doing scuba division.

fonikoddity 07-13-2016 09:42 AM

I'm probably going to fish the inshore division just for an excuse to go fishing a couple days in a row.

As far as payout in each division, you can win a lot more than $500 if you place in different species. Theoretically, you could place 1st in all offshore species and come away with $4500, not including the optional Calcutta (and bragging rights, of course).

Granted, you could easily spend all of your money on about 10 drinks at the Blue Martini.

Feesherman 07-13-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonikoddity (Post 801018)

Granted, you could easily spend all of your money on about 10 drinks at the Blue Martini.

Exactly! When I go to the nugget I make sure I can't get dragged into blue martini. I wear Tshirt, shorts, and flip flops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fonikoddity 07-13-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 801025)
Exactly! When I go to the nugget I make sure I can't get dragged into blue martini. I wear Tshirt, shorts, and flip flops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have a Sunday patio gig over there and we get half priced food/drinks. The first time we played over there my buddy and I had a $200 tab between the 2 of us.

Country Boy 07-13-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 801003)
Any s.c. guys fishing it?

Yeah we will most probably be fishing it. We have a cabin right next to heberts.

Roseaux 07-14-2016 04:52 PM

These payouts SUCK!!! $500 for a first place fish?? That's weak!!! They have redfish tournaments that pay over 5k for a first place fish. How the hell you going to ask people to fish two days for a measly $500 payout? If you want to be a big name tourney, you have to pay big bucks. These payouts are garbage!

meaux fishing 07-14-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseaux (Post 801163)
These payouts SUCK!!! $500 for a first place fish?? That's weak!!! They have redfish tournaments that pay over 5k for a first place fish. How the hell you going to ask people to fish two days for a measly $500 payout? If you want to be a big name tourney, you have to pay big bucks. These payouts are garbage!

Pretty sure it's a charity tourney with part of the money going to st jude

Duck Butter 07-14-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseaux (Post 801163)

You could always exercise your right NOT to attend

ckinchen 07-14-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 801170)
Pretty sure it's a charity tourney with part of the money going to st jude

Ours always paid over $1,000 every year and we never had these big name sponsors just the good people of this site and small local sponsors. I wish we could do it again this year.

Ahab 07-14-2016 08:30 PM

Incredible door prizes, lake area marine donated a talon anchor system. Retail value, $2400. Like duck butter said, you should start the revolution and revolt, sit this one out. Or go protest on an interstate. I hope you do. Less competition for the rest.

meaux fishing 07-14-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 801179)
Ours always paid over $1,000 every year and we never had these big name sponsors just the good people of this site and small local sponsors. I wish we could do it again this year.

I wish we could too man.

"W" 07-15-2016 06:29 AM

Man yall cry over way to much...

fish it or don't....

if I was not out of town I would fish it and really don't care what the pay outs are.... All about fishing with friends and having a good time

meaux fishing 07-15-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 801189)
Man yall cry over way to much...

fish it or don't....

if I was not out of town I would fish it and really don't care what the pay outs are.... All about fishing with friends and having a good time

Exactly

Lake Chuck Duck 07-15-2016 08:20 AM

$75 buy in and the dude wants $5000 payout. Give me a break.