SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BIG Lake ...........SLACK Tide (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2160)

"W" 08-14-2009 12:05 PM

BIG Lake ...........SLACK Tide

1 Attachment(s)
Took a buddy from work this morning ..back to THE SPOT!!! Not posting any back ground picks because it gets out of hand!!!! Limited at 9am....

When I say slack tide...the anchor rope had slack!!!:eek::eek:...

huntin fool 08-14-2009 12:09 PM

:eek::p glad you caught some feesh on a SLACK TIDE.

Nice haul!

wtretrievers 08-14-2009 12:10 PM

Nice.....Don't look like any 12"ers. Good solid fish!

lavocat 08-14-2009 12:18 PM

I was supposed to go this afternoon but work killed that. I will be there in the morning and it looks like a slack tide again. I promised a friend I would put him on some fish. Hope I am as lucky as W was this morning. Geaux Tigers!

RaginCagin 08-14-2009 12:24 PM

Great catch.

On another note why are the spots at big lake so secretive. I only fish there maybe twice a year but when we fish Grand Isle and Cypermore point we all share areas and I am happy when others catch fish. Is it because big lake fishes so small, and by that I mean it is a big lake in size but there only seems to be a few areas that regularly produce fish? Or is it b/c of all t he pressure on Big lake.

Montauk17 08-14-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCagin (Post 32997)
Great catch.

On another note why are the spots at big lake so secretive. I only fish there maybe twice a year but when we fish Grand Isle and Cypermore point we all share areas and I am happy when others catch fish. Is it because big lake fishes so small, and by that I mean it is a big lake in size but there only seems to be a few areas that regularly produce fish? Or is it b/c of all t he pressure on Big lake.

I think it's a little of both...lol :rolleyes:

"W" 08-14-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragincagin (Post 32997)
great catch.

On another note why are the spots at big lake so secretive. I only fish there maybe twice a year but when we fish grand isle and cypermore point we all share areas and i am happy when others catch fish. is it because big lake fishes so small, and by that i mean it is a big lake in size but there only seems to be a few areas that regularly produce fish? Or is it b/c of all t he pressure on big lake.

;)

Hopedale Hustler 08-14-2009 12:36 PM

nice box W..i heard j is wearin em out ova here too.

BIGJ 08-14-2009 12:39 PM

Great catch guys. It is mind boggling to me how you can catch that many fish in Big Lake day after day. W you must be a great fisherman.
When is Biglaketiger coming back? I need him to take me fishing.:)

Hopedale Hustler 08-14-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGJ (Post 33003)
Great catch guys. It is mind boggling to me how you can catch that many fish in Big Lake day after day. W you must be a great fisherman.
When is Biglaketiger coming back? I need him to take me fishing.:)

dont fill that his head with false information..hahaha

BIGJ 08-14-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 33004)
dont fill that his head with false information..hahaha

:confused:

W, Please tell me where "The Spot" is located.:D

Ray 08-14-2009 12:49 PM

There are "spots" all over the place.
The more time you spend out fishing, the more you can figure out which "Spots" are better at different times of the year, different water temps., different tides and different water clarities.
Plus, you need to be able to figure out which color lures to fish in different water conditions and colors.
"W" obviously spends too much time on in a boat chunking lures...

Sooner 08-14-2009 12:53 PM

Good catch "W"!

longcast 08-14-2009 01:06 PM

nice catch "w"

great catch.i hope sun will be good.does anyone know what the tides are doing sun

LittleRob 08-14-2009 01:14 PM

Ok guys i talked to W about 45 minutes ago he said he's going take a nap so if you have his phone number give him a call. He would appreciate it

Austin(boatman's son) 08-14-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "w" (Post 32993)
took a buddy from work this morning ..back to the spot!!! Not posting any back ground picks because it gets out of hand!!!! Limited at 9am....

When i say slack tide...the anchor rope had slack!!!:eek::eek:...

it was hard to catch on the channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntin fool 08-14-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin(boatman's son) (Post 33080)
it was hard to catch on the channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well we know where yall went :eek:

ChrisR 08-14-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleRob (Post 33026)
Ok guys i talked to W about 45 minutes ago he said he's going take a nap so if you have his phone number give him a call. He would appreciate it

I just did....:*****::*****::*****::*****:

Ray 08-14-2009 02:49 PM

He betta be glad I ain't gots his number...

Austin(boatman's son) 08-14-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 33082)
well we know where yall went :eek:

went to four different spots, only caught one at beach... keep trying :grinpimp: