SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quitters and Losers Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   really far gone! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34986)

fun w son 08-13-2012 11:05 AM

really far gone!

i quit smoking on Jan. 4, 2004 and never went back to it. the problem is, i put on alot of pounds. when i quit, i was at 185-190lbs and running about 15 miles a week. then i hurt my back and quit smoking all at the same time. now 8 years later i'm at 270lbs and can't walk to the mail box without breathing heavy. i'm on 8 different meds for blood pressure and other heart related problems. the meds really make me lazy and all i wanna do is lay around. i've spoke to my Doctor about it, he said that the meds will go away if i loose the fat, but the meds make me so tired that i can't loose the weight! anyone ever faced with this???

Feesherman 08-13-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun w son (Post 476495)
i can't loose the weight! anyone ever faced with this???

There is no such thing as can't! Can't just means you don't want to.

BIG RED 1983 08-13-2012 11:54 AM

hire a personal trainer at a gym if your spending the money on a trainer it may give you a little incentive to get out there so you dont lose the money

fun w son 08-13-2012 02:15 PM

your probly rite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 476511)
There is no such thing as can't! Can't just means you don't want to.

yea I can probly give you 100 reasons why I can't!

saute86 08-13-2012 04:47 PM

Hey I lost 33 pounds in about 10 weeks.
I cut the carbs sugar salt. I eat a healthy breakfast with 2 eggs 1 slice canadian bacon small bowl of oatmeal and 2 bananas to jump start my metabolizm. Lunch a grilled chicken breast with a ton of salad. 1 boiled egg 4 slices of cuccumber and 2 oz of balsamic vinaigrette. Dinner is a chicken breast or grilled fish with grilled veg of some sort. Man I eat grilled fish alot. Use Master piece lemon pepper marinade you wil love it. Just brush a little over it just when about ready. I eat half of what I use to eat. I only drink water or crystle lite. Only cheese is low fat. Milk is skim. I havent had fast food since feb. If I get hungry in between its a banana or orange. My blood pressure went from 180's over 100's to 120 over 70. I never exercised either. If I did I could of almost doubled those numbers. I use my gas grill every meal at home. I use only pan spray for oil to cook too.

Kajundave 08-13-2012 07:51 PM

It's a lifestyle change

swamp snorkler 08-14-2012 07:00 AM

Baby steps,

1.You have to drink right. Water only.
2. You have to eat right. Nothing Fried, stay away from white food, no sweets. Instead of fixing you a big plate of food, use a smaller plate.
3. Move around, go outside and walk, if you not out of breath jog a little till you run out of breath, then walk till you catch your breath, repeat, do that for 2 hours a week however you want to do split it up.
Good Luck!

fun w son 08-14-2012 07:14 AM

I'm ok with what to eat. I love veggies and baked chicken/fish. I don't eat sweets at all.
My problem is the amounts!
i don't "get full" a little at a time, i go from starvin to stuffed in one bite! then in a couple of hours i'm hungry again.
i drink Coke zero and coffee during the day. if i drink beer on the weekends it's Bud select 55.
i love to cut my grass and play in the boat shed, but after about 2 hours, i'm done for the day!!
when i get to sweating it feels like i have a bad sunburn on my face and i have to stop and hit the AC.

jaclyn.renea 08-14-2012 02:43 PM

It is a lifestyle change. I swore to never go on a diet, but limit how much of what I eat. Tracking this makes it much easier to see. I would also go to the gym 6 days a week for an hour a day and walk. I lost almost 11 pounds in 3 months.

HHenry1 08-23-2012 11:21 AM

Velocity Diet...drink protein in the morning and throughout the date. Eat a solid meal at night and work out in the morning.