SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Summer Fishing Clothing? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54930)

alphaman 07-14-2014 07:11 AM

Summer Fishing Clothing?

Which brand of fishing cloths do you prefer to where during these HOT HOT summer months? Do you prefer the dry fit shirts or light fishing shirts with pockets?

Also, those face mask with the art work on them, are they worth it?
I see a few people wearing them while fishing.

Columbia
Under armor
Megellon

I'm also [emoji102] for a Raging Cajun fishing shirt.

BassYakR 07-14-2014 07:16 AM

the thinnest material fishing shirts I can find. Yes the face masks work great to keep the sun off your face and neck.

Natural Light Kid 07-14-2014 07:18 AM

Got a couple of long sleeve, mojo "t shirts" from lake Charles tackle and like them.

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 07:18 AM

****s should have the rajun cajun shirt here in lake charles or not sure if there is one in lafayette.
i like columbia and certain magellans. you really have to try them on and see which "style" of each one that fits you the best because some are meant for big bellies and some are meant for big shoulders and some fit like a trash can. they are all different.

BassYakR 07-14-2014 07:19 AM

Yeah I also like the long sleeve performance shirts. But fat kids like me cant wear dat.

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 07:26 AM

yea if youre a fat person youll have to pick the other shirts. my favorites are the more fitted ones and long sleeve

jchief 07-14-2014 08:27 AM

Anyone tried the Columbia Zero clothes (shirts and especially the neck gaiter)?

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 706577)
Anyone tried the Columbia Zero clothes (shirts and especially the neck gaiter)?

that the ones that keep you cooler? if so i bought a buff llike that last year and it was a little cooler than my others. not sure if thats what you mean:(

jchief 07-14-2014 08:34 AM

http://www.columbia.com/Omni-Freeze-...efault,pg.html

I have a couple of Buff's and in the middle of summer they just don't seem to cool well.

MathGeek 07-14-2014 08:39 AM

I wear some nice fishing shirts at times, but they are no more comfortable while fishing than a thin plain white cotton t shirt. I like the pockets though, and they do look good.

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 706582)
http://www.columbia.com/Omni-Freeze-...efault,pg.html

I have a couple of Buff's and in the middle of summer they just don't seem to cool well.

yea thats always been a lose lose to me cause if you do then youre hot and if you dont then you look like a racoon and need to cut your nose off from the burn!

Goooh 07-14-2014 09:33 AM

I dress like I'm going to the gym, which is the same way I dress to go to the store, and the same way I dress to do yard work and go to sleep.

Under armour. Adidas, Nike, etc... All supper light and wicking

Don't skimp here and don't buy the Columbia Tee Shirts. The snag on everything and the threads pull super easy. Absolute waist. I have under armor clothes from 3 yeast ago that get worn, washed and beaten every week, sometimes twice a week - no snags, no fading, for the same. Well worth the extra in my book, just wish they didn't have logos on them....

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 09:44 AM

under armour is the bees knees

bayouchub 07-14-2014 09:46 AM

I make sure to wear the pattern buff for the fish im in pursuit of. I find it keeps you cooler this way.

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouchub (Post 706624)
I make sure to wear the pattern buff for the fish im in pursuit of. I find it keeps you cooler this way.

i have one of a dirty prostitute... smells weird but always brings in the fish.

Montauk17 07-14-2014 10:41 AM

I been wearing the nike dry fit shirts...not a fan on the fishing shirts with pockets. The under armor shirts are nice too.

Natural Light Kid 07-14-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckingFastard (Post 706539)
yea if youre a fat person youll have to pick the other shirts. my favorites are the more fitted ones and long sleeve

Don't think that's an issue with alpha. He's a freakin world class athlete. Literally.

BuckingFastard 07-14-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid (Post 706650)
Don't think that's an issue with alpha. He's a freakin world class athlete. Literally.

dang, not bad:grinpimp:

specktator 07-14-2014 11:51 AM

They are all about the same. I like Under Armour fishing shirts bc they seem a little lighter, and are very soft. Columbia just came out with some new ones that are very similar to the UA ones. They are both pretty expensive. Then they both came out with those ones that are supposed to keep you extra cool I guess but I aint spending $150 on a fishing shirt. Magellan and the older Columbias just have that rough feeling and are a little heavier. I like UA ones because of the zipper pockets. I put my phone in there and don't have to worry about it going overboard. My BIL's bro works for a sports apparel company and he gave me some Eddie Bauer fishing shirts yesterday that are pretty nice too. They have zipper pockets which I like, but are rough and heavier like the Magellan/old Columbias. I mostly wear long sleeves when I'm fishing bc I don't like to wear sun screen.

Bdub 07-14-2014 11:58 AM

I keep going back to one dry fit long sleeve, it doesn't have a brand on the tag but its a saltwater soul dry fit shirt...It's considerably cooler than my columbia long sleeve dry fit and probably cost half the price. As for the buffs, I had a couple and I wear them from time to time mainly in winter, I find they make my sunglasses fog up when properly worn.

http://www.saltwatersoul.net/store/s...nce-p-329.html