SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lacassine newbee! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63464)

jlavergne9 03-13-2016 07:51 PM

Lacassine newbee!

I'll be fishing Lacassine for the first time come Tuesday. What are some things I need to look out for or some unwritten rules I need to be aware of. I plan on getting to the launch around 7:30-8 to try and avoid some of the chaos. Thanks for the help.

meat killer 86 03-14-2016 06:29 AM

Rule number one. Be careful not to run into someone's boat because there will be a bunch of people.
Rule number 2 have fun and be safe

I usually give it about 2 weeks for the crowd to die down. Although this yr will be different. I have to work for the first 2 months of it being open. In which case I may not even fish it this yr.
big bass are bedding and a new wave of fish will move up and spawn next week with the full moon. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prattvan 03-14-2016 07:30 AM

I've been wanting to try Lacassine also. Where do most people launch ??

jlavergne9 03-14-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat killer 86 (Post 789329)
Rule number one. Be careful not to run into someone's boat because there will be a bunch of people.
Rule number 2 have fun and be safe

I usually give it about 2 weeks for the crowd to die down. Although this yr will be different. I have to work for the first 2 months of it being open. In which case I may not even fish it this yr.
big bass are bedding and a new wave of fish will move up and spawn next week with the full moon. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! We will try and get em!

jlavergne9 03-14-2016 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by prattvan (Post 789336)
I've been wanting to try Lacassine also. Where do most people launch ??

Turn south on to Illinois plant road off of hwy 14. Follow it down to the purple pin.

jlavergne9 03-14-2016 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture

funkyflemmons 03-14-2016 08:46 AM

Lovely

BassYakR 03-14-2016 09:57 AM

I wont be able to make it until the following week due to an outage at work! From what i have heard there have been fish on beds in there for almost a month now. Hopefully most of the big girls will have already spawned out so we dont have 100 ppl keeping 2-3 5+lb fish the first week.

BGcoreg 03-14-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 789364)
I wont be able to make it until the following week due to an outage at work! From what i have heard there have been fish on beds in there for almost a month now. Hopefully most of the big girls will have already spawned out so we dont have 100 ppl keeping 2-3 5+lb fish the first week.

You'd think they would have in place some sort of size rule.. But then again like I've read a thousand times ....." Lac pool is not there for bass fishing, it's for the ducks , bass is just another way to bring in people"

Well heck if you have such a good fishery why not monitor it a little more ... But , with all these people supposedly keeping fish there must be some that stay because year after year it's a hog fest when it opens up haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B-Stealth 03-14-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGcoreg (Post 789485)
You'd think they would have in place some sort of size rule.. But then again like I've read a thousand times ....." Lac pool is not there for bass fishing, it's for the ducks , bass is just another way to bring in people"

Well heck if you have such a good fishery why not monitor it a little more ... But , with all these people supposedly keeping fish there must be some that stay because year after year it's a hog fest when it opens up haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For years BLM has fought and lobbied over this issue but Lacassine refuses to listen or change the management focus which is Ducks.

BradleyPrejean87 03-14-2016 11:20 PM

Finally got a boat that can go in the place! I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to offer this year soon!

prattvan 03-15-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlavergne9 (Post 789347)
Picture

Thanks, my friend

C-Bass2mouth 03-15-2016 07:05 AM

I've fished out of a yak before for bass in the non-motorized pool, but how's the white perch fishing out there? Got an older guy I work with who has a little boat that wants to catch brim and sacs. He usually fishes Sabine a lot and his camp is gone pecan after the flood

speck-addict 03-15-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 789515)
I've fished out of a yak before for bass in the non-motorized pool, but how's the white perch fishing out there? Got an older guy I work with who has a little boat that wants to catch brim and sacs. He usually fishes Sabine a lot and his camp is gone pecan after the flood

I hear the Sac fishing can be good if you know what your doing, some people catch them bass fishing

cgoods17 03-15-2016 02:27 PM

word on the street:

at least 5 fish over 7lbs have already been killed today

BassYakR 03-15-2016 02:47 PM

I know of 2....

Bluechip 03-15-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgoods17 (Post 789570)
word on the street:

Sweet.....glad to hear they are catching some hawgs.

T-Boo 03-15-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgoods17 (Post 789570)
word on the street:

They ate them? Or mounted them? Just curious.

jpeff31787 03-15-2016 05:06 PM

:pissed:
Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Boo (Post 789582)
They ate them? Or mounted them? Just curious.

probably ate... saw a guy at indian creek showing me an 8lb bass and telling me how good it was going to be for supper... All I could do was shake my head

Top Dawg 03-15-2016 08:10 PM

8#er I caught in toledo last weekend ate good. Course I only ate one side. Saving the other side for turkey camping next week.