SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lac Pool (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27248)

RatherBFishin 01-19-2012 04:23 PM

Lac Pool

Anyone got any idea what the water situation is at the pool? I hope it caught some water with last weeks downpours!

Jordan 01-19-2012 04:24 PM

more than likely will be wet.....

LOL----couldnt pass up the chance to be a smarta$$

DUCKGOGETTER 01-19-2012 04:24 PM

I hope so too!

1fastmerc 01-19-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 379148)
more than likely will be wet.....

LOL----couldnt pass up the chance to be a smarta$$

After what I saw last year you might be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RODBENDER 01-20-2012 08:29 AM

I did talk with a guy last night that went and looked in the pool from the Bell City ditch. He stated it was still 1 to 1 1/2 feet below the little spillway. So not great but also not terribel. If we do get some rain before March 15 we might be ok. He also stated there was a good grass kill. I am ready to get out there too!!

Lake Chuck Duck 01-20-2012 08:40 AM

Man I didnt make there one time last year. All I heard was horror stories and I didnt know my way around good enough to risk it. I know how to get to my one hole and thats it. Doin it big this year.

PaulMyers 01-20-2012 08:42 AM

I can't wait to get back in there myself!

+1

Purple Back 01-20-2012 08:45 AM

Went down the ditch and took a look as well, it was very muddy, mostly because there was no grass to filter the water.

I will be honest, even if the level comes up to normal, which is another 2-3 feet, the fishing will be sub par at best. A lot of fish were killed last year as a result of low water, also heard from agents that the spawn was probably affected tremendously as well.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-20-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple back (Post 379468)
went down the ditch and took a look as well, it was very muddy, mostly because there was no grass to filter the water.

I will be honest, even if the level comes up to normal, which is another 2-3 feet, the fishing will be sub par at best. A lot of fish were killed last year as a result of low water, also heard from agents that the spawn was probably affected tremendously as well.

just my 2 cents, but that place has been completely mis managed. They spent a **** load of tax payers money to install pumps for nothing to let the water get so low to have a fish kill. All the money and time ron castell put into that place to make it was it used to be was flushed down the crapper.

RatherBFishin 01-20-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 379502)
just my 2 cents, but that place has been completely mis managed. They spent a **** load of tax payers money to install pumps for nothing to let the water get so low to have a fish kill. All the money and time ron castell put into that place to make it was it used to be was flushed down the crapper.

Why dont they pump?

Top Dawg 01-20-2012 10:10 AM

Salinity too high

Top Dawg 01-20-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 379502)

It was made for ducks. Not fish. Wlf could care less if there was one fish in there. It was intended for a bird sanctuary. A lot of the bass that were stocked in there were paid for by fishermen that fished that place heavily.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-20-2012 10:15 AM

I totally understand that it was made for a bird santuary, and i was one of the fisherman who contrubuted to the stocking of the reserve that's why it chaps my *** when i see it manged like it is.

Top Dawg 01-20-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 379519)
I totally understand that it was made for a bird santuary, and i was one of the fisherman who contrubuted to the stocking of the reserve that's why it chaps my *** when i see it manged like it is.

I understand your disappointment but you have to know going into it when paying to stock it that the people who run it will let every fish die before they pump water in there. Especially if the salinity is slightly elevated.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-20-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top dawg (Post 379551)
i understand your disappointment but you have to know going into it when paying to stock it that the people who run it will let every fish die before they pump water in there. Especially if the salinity is slightly elevated.

agree 100% just really sucks looking back at the quality of fish that was produced in there.

Top Dawg 01-20-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 379552)
agree 100% just really sucks looking back at the quality of fish that was produced in there.

I agree. I've had some good times out there.

RatherBFishin 01-20-2012 11:35 AM

The hurricanes washed tons of salty water in there and everything was fine. Why can't they pump when the salinity is just a little high? I'm no scientist but wouldn't more water mean more area for ducks to hang out?

1fastmerc 01-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBFishin (Post 379578)
The hurricanes washed tons of salty water in there and everything was fine. Why can't they pump when the salinity is just a little high? I'm no scientist but wouldn't more water mean more area for ducks to hang out?

Agreed X1000000000000000000000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Dawg 01-20-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBFishin (Post 379578)

Oh I agree fully with you. I'm just sayin why they won't. The hurricanes did destroy the vegetation in the marsh which IMO helped out. It opened the marsh up a lot.not its been 6 years and the vegetation is taking over again. That's why they don't want salty water. Kills their precious vegetation. I'll tell you the year after Rita the huntin side of lacassine was phenomenal. It was open plenty place to hunt and no people. Now there's double the people and 1/4 of place to hunt due to vegetation.

RODBENDER 01-20-2012 02:46 PM

Now I am depressed!!!