SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Power pole service (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52041)

bgizzle 03-19-2014 02:00 PM

Power pole service

Went run boat yesterday and pp wasn't working. After troubleshooting I noticed the pump wasn't turning on. After talking with Scott @ powerpole headquarters, a new circuit board and cap is in the mail as we speak. Didn't take long and as long as I send back the old parts we are square! Pp has great customer service! Just wanted to let you guys know!!!

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

cabwiz2 03-19-2014 02:07 PM

Yes they are top notch. I bought a used boat that had a powerpole on it and it was never registered. It had a cracked nuckle at the top and the sent me a new one and a new fiberglass pole along with the hardware to mount a drift sock at no charge. Didnt even ask for the pole or hardware. Top notch customer service. Very fast delivery time also.

Montauk17 03-19-2014 02:25 PM

Yeah they are very easy to deal with. We been changing alot of those boards recently. Still way better than a talon.

Beamstain 03-19-2014 03:20 PM

We have the Talon, it got stuck half way down in Black Lake... Had to remove the entire piece of equipment from the boat, in 20 mph winds. Horrible... At least the dealer fixed it for free.

bgizzle 03-19-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 673597)
Yeah they are very easy to deal with. We been changing alot of those boards recently. Still way better than a talon.

They say if you don't have a cut off switch(perko) the battery charger shorts the board in some cases

Montauk17 03-19-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 673613)
They say if you don't have a cut off switch(perko) the battery charger shorts the board in some cases

Yeah all the new boats we rig have a perko switch. The last one we changed had one too. Just one of those things. Hard to beat cheap china labor,that is where their electronics are make. Oh well

speck-addict 03-19-2014 07:11 PM

Do y'all fish with a iPilot? Do you think it's worth running a iPilot and a power pole?

Montauk17 03-19-2014 07:16 PM

If you have the cash to spare I would use both....more control fishing is always mo better.

Visco 03-19-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 673631)
Do y'all fish with a iPilot? Do you think it's worth running a iPilot and a power pole?

I love my ipilot. The next on my list is either a PP or talon.

dmtfish 03-19-2014 07:29 PM

Thanks for the post bgizzle, I had already made up my mind with PP but you just re-inforced it. Dropping my boat off Fri for yearly service and having a PP installed.

Bdub 03-19-2014 10:32 PM

I'm also looking to have my pole serviced if anyone has any recommendations :p

bgizzle 03-19-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdub (Post 673692)
I'm also looking to have my pole serviced if anyone has any recommendations :p

Backpage

speck-addict 03-19-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 673632)
If you have the cash to spare I would use both....more control fishing is always mo better.

true dat gonna be the next thing i put on

meaux fishing 03-20-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 673631)

Yes!!! I have both and if you are in the marsh you can position the boat perfectly. I haven't touched my anchor in at least a year

meaux fishing 03-20-2014 08:33 AM

And I agree with the power pole service, top notch.

CAMP CANARD 03-20-2014 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just recently got mine. Can't believe I never had one before !
Dr. prescribed it, so the OL was all for it !!

SuperDave 03-20-2014 07:50 PM

I just wish I could get my power pole remote working again. I've replaced the batteries and it wouldn't work then one day it worked all day long. Too bad it hasn't worked again since that day. I guess I should step being cheap and fork over 50 something bucks for a new remote.

I love my power pole other than that!

meaux fishing 03-20-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave (Post 673850)
I just wish I could get my power pole remote working again. I've replaced the batteries and it wouldn't work then one day it worked all day long. Too bad it hasn't worked again since that day. I guess I should step being cheap and fork over 50 something bucks for a new remote.

I love my power pole other than that!

Have you tried reprogramming it?

Jadams 03-21-2014 06:27 PM

I'm getting a ten footer selling mine for 900 w the jackplate bracket two remotes and dash switch brand new pump and like everyone said lifetime warranty no questions asked