SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sabine shrimping and crabbing 9/28/2010 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13973)

Ray 09-28-2010 04:58 PM

Sabine shrimping and crabbing 9/28/2010

5 Attachment(s)
Didn't go fishing or anything, but I took a trip down to Holly Beach to check out the water before I go surf fishing tomorrow.
Water was beautiful at the beach.
Lots of people fishing, crabbing and cast netting at the Sabine Refuge.
Every wier, bridge and culvert was full of people and boats, except for the Hog Island water control structure. It is closed.

southern151 09-28-2010 05:02 PM

I got to witness that the other day! I had never seen such a thing before. There was a line of people waiting for their turn to castnet! I went to the first one on the left when you are headed south. My friend and I opted to drink beer and be spectators instead of gettin my sissy-arse 4' net out!:*****: Man, some of those guys were casting 8 and 9' nets!

Oh yeah, in the 45 minutes we were there, WLF was there twice!

Ray 09-28-2010 05:04 PM

Trying again with bigger pics

5 Attachment(s)
Pics starting from the South, but I didn't get any from the West Cove launch.
Blue Crab area was full. The first wiers to the North of the headquarters was full of boats and more boats waiting for some others to leave so they could get in.
There were some boats on the West side of the road at the Hog Island canal cast netting.
The Northern most launch fishing area was full of trucks and trailers.
Looks like the boaters are getting all the best spots.

southern151 09-28-2010 05:34 PM

Oh yeah. There were two guys in boats that pulled up to where I was fishing one night. They said it took them just 1 hour to get their 5 gallon limit!...And they were throwing some back. The shrimp they had were beautiful! Probably 10-16 count.

"H" 09-28-2010 05:49 PM

Does anybody still work during the week?

southern151 09-28-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "H" (Post 196490)

Apparently not the folks I ran into out there! I went after a 10 hour stretch in the plant.

cajunhntr03 09-28-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "H" (Post 196490)

too many peeps relying on Obama to take care of em

Gerald 09-28-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 196482)
Oh yeah. There were two guys in boats that pulled up to where I was fishing one night. They said it took them just 1 hour to get their 5 gallon limit!...And they were throwing some back. The shrimp they had were beautiful! Probably 10-16 count.

Next time you are at Sabine NR.....pick up a booklet on the rules. See pg 16. It tells you that fishing, crabbing and cast netting are closed from sunset to sunrise.

This is federal property.....so the fines are high. Don't want you to get in trouble.