SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Opinions on moving to the Lafayette area ? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49869)

Hopedale Hustler 12-05-2013 08:20 AM

Opinions on moving to the Lafayette area ?

Me and my wife have been considering moving out of the hole we are in and now we are at the point where we are ready to do it. We currently live in hammond and I decided after growing up here it's going down hill fast plus it's far from a lot of work in my industry...we love the Lafayette area but that's only from visiting. So I'm looking for opinions on that area. I don't think we want to move into Lafayette but deff within 20 miles or so of it. So what's a good area near there to dig in and burry roots at? Any opinions/info appreciated. Btw if anybody knows of any 3 bedroom houses for rent or any jobs in the inspection field I'm your guy. I'm NDT certified across the board I can x ray and i have experience in welding and piping inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meaux fishing 12-05-2013 08:22 AM

You want to live in a subdivision or in the country?

MarshRat89 12-05-2013 08:38 AM

If your looking for the sub division life and can afford it youngsville is pretty hard to beat. My personal preference when we get ready to move is the Maurice area. Preferably south. Meaux fishing lives in a really good area nearby too. Good schools, good people, and good proximity. Your 10 minutes from lafayette, and 20 from vbay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hopedale Hustler 12-05-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 648547)
You want to live in a subdivision or in the country?

I would like to live in the country but at the same time a subdivision might be healthy for meeting others in the area.

MarshRat89 12-05-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 648554)
I would like to live in the country but at the same time a subdivision might be healthy for meeting others in the area.

There are some nice country style subdivisions going up to the south and west of lafayette right now. Golden grain road has two really nice ones for sure.

Armand16 12-05-2013 09:32 AM

Look at Youngsville or Carencro

Ed32 12-05-2013 10:43 AM

I'm building both in youngsville and broussard and both are excellent for schools. most lots in the subdivisions are small so if you have alot of toys that may be a problem. if u want to live in the country the mire area which i live in is northwest of lafayette, the land is inexpensive and people are excellent. pm and i might be able to find a lot or property for you.

Montauk17 12-05-2013 12:35 PM

Always jobs in the inspection field around here. One of the better ones to work for is Oceaneering and Pro NDT. Lots of offshore work,mostly 24hr call.

Hopedale Hustler 12-05-2013 12:44 PM

Ya I've never done ndt offshore I dunno how I'd like the 24 hour call deal. But maybe I'd love it? How long do you typically go out for ?

Quackhead62 12-05-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 648552)
If your looking for the sub division life and can afford it youngsville is pretty hard to beat. My personal preference when we get ready to move is the Maurice area. Preferably south. Meaux fishing lives in a really good area nearby too. Good schools, good people, and good proximity. Your 10 minutes from lafayette, and 20 from vbay.

I live out in the country west of Maurice. Good quite place to live people are really nice good schools and you are with in 20 minuites of a lot of places. It would be worth looking into for sure.

CajunSaint 12-05-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 648545)
Me and my wife have been considering moving out of the hole we are in and now we are at the point where we are ready to do it. We currently live in hammond and I decided after growing up here it's going down hill fast plus it's far from a lot of work in my industry...we love the Lafayette area but that's only from visiting. So I'm looking for opinions on that area. I don't think we want to move into Lafayette but deff within 20 miles or so of it. So what's a good area near there to dig in and burry roots at? Any opinions/info appreciated. Btw if anybody knows of any 3 bedroom houses for rent or any jobs in the inspection field I'm your guy. I'm NDT certified across the board I can x ray and i have experience in welding and piping inspection.

I have my home for sale now. 3 bedroom 2 bath gunite pool in Youngsville Field Crest Subdivision.

If you're interested PM me

cmcnabb 12-05-2013 02:34 PM

I live in Broussard and really like it. I am 5 min from several meat shops, restraunts, and grocery stores. Pretty much anything I need right there and I can be at the mall in Lafayette or any other store within 20 minutes. The only downfall is I live in a subdivision with small lots. And don't worry about meeting people, everyone is pretty friendly

meaux fishing 12-05-2013 02:39 PM

If it were me I would move to the SW side of Lafayette....Maurice, Meaux, Judice, Indian Bayou. Close enough to Lafayette if you need something, but you don't have to fight traffic on a daily basis to go to the store to pick up a few groceries. Lafayette is expanding SE faster than SW, so the Youngsville/Broussard area is only gonna get more congested over the next few years

Goooh 12-05-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 648639)
I live in Broussard and really like it. I am 5 min from several meat shops, restraunts, and grocery stores. Pretty much anything I need right there and I can be at the mall in Lafayette or any other store within 20 minutes. The only downfall is I live in a subdivision with small lots. And don't worry about meeting people, everyone is pretty friendly

This.

Love Broussard! I ride my bike to sonic and everywhere else, the kids love it. It's a small small town 30 mins from the bay, 30 mins from the basin

swamp snorkler 12-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 648642)
This.

Love Broussard! I ride my bike to sonic and everywhere else, the kids love it. It's a small small town 30 mins from the bay, 30 mins from the basin

Diet Cherry Limeaid son happy hour from 2-4, spike it with some Taaka Vodka

Goooh 12-05-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 648652)
Diet Cherry Limeaid son happy hour from 2-4, spike it with some Taaka Vodka

Almost nailed me down, I don't go diet though!!

MarshRat89 12-05-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 648641)
If it were me I would move to the SW side of Lafayette....Maurice, Meaux, Judice, Indian Bayou. Close enough to Lafayette if you need something, but you don't have to fight traffic on a daily basis to go to the store to pick up a few groceries. Lafayette is expanding SE faster than SW, so the Youngsville/Broussard area is only gonna get more congested over the next few years

Couldn't of said it better . That's why I want to find some land around there. Sell me a lot on the farm man we can be neighbors lol

meaux fishing 12-05-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 648698)
Couldn't of said it better . That's why I want to find some land around there. Sell me a lot on the farm man we can be neighbors lol

you can buy a lot in the little subdivision next door to me lol

LakenLady 12-05-2013 07:59 PM

My opinion about Lafayette is.... THE ROADS ARE HORRIBLE.

Dink 12-05-2013 08:00 PM

I'm smack in the middle of town. Wanna buy it? I'm lookin to get out north or scott area.