SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Troy Landry a millionaire??? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15135)

joshdomingue 12-01-2010 11:33 AM

Troy Landry a millionaire???

I saw some stuff on tiger droppings that said he owns like 5 cracker barrells and his family owns pretty much everyhting in the town where he's from. Said his family were millionaires way before the show...

anyone heard anything like this???

Raymond 12-01-2010 12:15 PM

I wouldn't doubt it, amazing how much money is in the middle of nowhere Pierre Part.

Bluechip 12-01-2010 01:32 PM

I read an article in Geaux Outdoors magazine that said he owned a crawfish processing plant that runs about 10 months out of the year. He said he processes between 6 and 7 million pounds a year.

I don't know if that makes you a rich man but it sounds like a pretty good size operation.

RaginCagin 12-01-2010 01:44 PM

I have heard the same in that he is very well off. I have a good friend from Pierre Part that is friends with his son and they asked Troy to wear the same clothes every episode and always filmed from his camp never his house. Guess they didnt want people actually thinking a gator fisherman could possibly do other things and be wealthy.

PathfinderNI 12-01-2010 02:05 PM

If you're talking about the restauraunt Cracker Barrell's

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshdomingue (Post 209797)
I saw some stuff on tiger droppings that said he owns like 5 cracker barrells and his family owns pretty much everyhting in the town where he's from. Said his family were millionaires way before the show...

anyone heard anything like this???

they are not a franchise company so that wouldn't be possible. The company just opens locations when and where they think the conditions are right. They need to open one up somewhere between Lafayette and Houma on HWY. 90...none in the New Orleans area either.

Montauk17 12-01-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PathfinderNI (Post 209839)
they are not a franchise company so that wouldn't be possible. The company just opens locations when and where they think the conditions are right. They need to open one up somewhere between Lafayette and Houma on HWY. 90...none in the New Orleans area either.

Im pretty sure he is talking about crackle barrel the convenient store...that is where you can buy his shirts.

latravcha 12-01-2010 03:17 PM

The family does not own cracker barrels
They own a Shell station in Pierre Part that sells gas bait and commercial fishing supplies.
They also buy a good bit of the crawfish in Pierre Part
don’t care to talk about a mans financial situation. I don’t feel that it is any of my business, but I will say Tory, Jacob, and Clint are all good down to earth people. They work hard for what they have, and would give you the shirt off of their back if you needed.

joshdomingue 12-01-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latravcha (Post 209853)
The family does not own cracker barrels
They own a Shell station in Pierre Part that sells gas bait and commercial fishing supplies.
They also buy a good bit of the crawfish in Pierre Part
don’t care to talk about a mans financial situation. I don’t feel that it is any of my business, but I will say Tory, Jacob, and Clint are all good down to earth people. They work hard for what they have, and would give you the shirt off of their back if you needed.

By watching them on tv i got the same impression.......figured they were good people

Cutty713 12-01-2010 04:59 PM

A buddy of mine sells his crawfish to him. $$$ big time He also said the same thing about them being real nice people

I make oil 12-01-2010 06:28 PM

latravcha knows what he is talking about. I lived in Pierre Part for a while. Used to be married to a girl from there. Her dad and Troy are good friends. He is good people. Any success he has he worked for. He is good people and deserves everything that he has because he EARNED it.

Ray 12-01-2010 09:08 PM

I met the guy who owns Cracker Barrel. He used to hunt ducks in Little Chenier.
It was the first camp on the left. Not house, camp. Had a hot tub on the porch.
There were several guys in the camp. One owned a furniture store also. Think
it was Home Furniture, but not sure.

FF_T_Warren 12-01-2010 10:24 PM

I can ask. a buddy of mines wife is related to him