SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   13 Fishing Concept A reel. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62942)

Chumdumpster 01-21-2016 09:38 AM

13 Fishing Concept A reel.

I recently picked up a new 13 Concept A reel and a Shimano Curado 200hg..I expected quality from the shimano but man I can not get over how smooth the 13 Concept A is. I bought a Revo Inshore expecting to use it for bass fishing too but every time I'd set the hook on little pond bass, even with mono, the drag would slip. even when tightened all the way down. So I returned it and got the concept A. Still wondering how it'll hold up over time though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

AubreyLaHaye458 01-21-2016 09:57 AM

I have both the curado and concept. Use both in the salt regularly and have given me zero problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chumdumpster 01-21-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 784371)
I have both the curado and concept. Use both in the salt regularly and have given me zero problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. I have a curado G series but figured I could use a new one.

RigRatNoMeaux 01-21-2016 12:00 PM

I have the 13 fishing concept kp, I absolutely love it. Only weighs 5 oz. Cast a mile and smooth as silk.

Chumdumpster 01-21-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RigRatNoMeaux (Post 784392)
I have the 13 fishing concept kp, I absolutely love it. Only weighs 5 oz. Cast a mile and smooth as silk.

I haven't been brave enough to spend quite that much on a reel..yet. if I find the concept A to be as good as I hope then the KP might be next. 5oz is crazy light.

RigRatNoMeaux 01-21-2016 12:45 PM

I have the concept a and c and have had no issues with wither one that's why I went ahead and got the kp. I put it on one of our medium light Duce Rods ,swear you could fish for days and not get tired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Chumdumpster 01-21-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RigRatNoMeaux (Post 784404)
I have the concept a and c and have had no issues with wither one that's why I went ahead and got the kp. I put it on one of our medium light Duce Rods ,swear you could fish for days and not get tired.

I just ordered a Duce last night. Got the Freshwater 7' MH. Going to make a nice pair.

Chumdumpster 01-21-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RigRatNoMeaux (Post 784404)

I've held the Duce medium light trout rod..I bet you barely feel that paired with the KP.