SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McNeese Ducks Unlimited (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62137)

Outdoorsman97 10-27-2015 07:12 PM

McNeese Ducks Unlimited

McNeese Ducks Unlimited is having their first sportsman night out on November 3rd at 6pm at Our lady Queen of Heaven life Center. There will be Jambalaya, beer, Bird Dog whiskey, and Bayou Rum. There will also be raffles and an auction.

Tickets can be bought at the door or online.
$45 non student
$35 student
$25 17 & under

https://www.ducksystem.com/cgibin/www.cgi?tp=IS&pg=SPW048X&isn=5&kp=LA01592016001&ex =TICKETS

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 07:37 PM

Hahaha

StanMan 10-27-2015 07:54 PM

drinkin at church and paying DU to f up our duck seasons even more. Sounds like a good time. Might have to break out the sperrys, tucked in magellan shirt, and costas for this one boys!

mriguy 10-27-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanMan (Post 777061)
drinkin at church and paying DU to f up our duck seasons even more. Sounds like a good time. Might have to break out the sperrys, tucked in magellan shirt, and costas for this one boys!

Magellan will not be allowed. Only Columbia and UA baw!

Marque 10-27-2015 09:15 PM

This is gonna get ugly.

Wrh 10-27-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

In what way does ducks unlimited ruin your duck season?

Outdoorsman97 10-27-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Do you even know what DU does?

Marque 10-27-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman97 (Post 777072)

I've often wondered. I'm being serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Do not engage. It's not worth it. lol

Spunt Drag 10-27-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrh (Post 777071)
In what way does ducks unlimited ruin your duck season?

Yea, what's your problem Stanman? If you cared at all about ducks and duck hunting you would donate your hard earned money to DU and its $400k/year CEO. How do you think the ducks get down here dude? Well besides the way like they've done for 1,000's of years before DU. But it's different now bro. Have you even heard of Global Warmimg? If you call yourself a real duck hunter then there's just no way you can pass up donating and helping Jim Bel improve the Hackberry Hilton. He needs your help. It's just $45.........on top of the $15 more you already paid for duck stamp this year thanks to DU.

Oh and when you're done writing that check, fill out this quick survey for the commission to wipe their a$$ with.

Bdub 10-27-2015 09:56 PM

What exactly DOES DU do? I've always wondered

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Yes. They send ur money up north and buy up gobs of land so ppl can wonder why the "migration has changed" haha.

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 777076)
Yea, what's your problem Stanman? If you cared at all about ducks and duck hunting you would donate your hard earned money to DU and its $400k/year CEO. How do you think the ducks get down here dude? Well besides the way like they've done for 1,000's of years before DU. But it's different now bro. Have you even heard of Global Warmimg? If you call yourself a real duck hunter then there's just no way you can pass up donating and helping Jim Bel improve the Hackberry Hilton. He needs your help. It's just $45.........on top of the $15 more you already paid for duck stamp this year thanks to DU.

Oh and when you're done writing that check, fill out this quick survey for the commission to wipe their a$$ with.

Don't forget they got us for $25 thus year. It feels good to give back haha.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:01 PM

DU works more in Louisiana than in any other state in the Mississippi Flyway and has spent over $58 million worth of conservation work that has affected over 350,000 acres

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777080)
DU works more in Louisiana than in any other state in the Mississippi Flyway and has spent over $58 million worth of conservation work that has affected over 350,000 acres

Lol

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777081)
Lol

Expectable response from someone who has no clue what they're talking about

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777082)
Expectable response from someone who has no clue what they're talking about

Yea u right. Take a trip to canada.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777083)
Yea u right. Take a trip to canada.

Are you familiar with the term "migration"? Might be kind of a long word for you.

Outdoorsman97 10-27-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdub (Post 777077)
What exactly DOES DU do? I've always wondered

http://www.ducks.org/related/louisiana-projects

These are all the projects that have been done in Louisiana so far.

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ducks have a hard time up there boys. They need your money.
Attachment 97019

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Feesherman 10-27-2015 10:09 PM

Why dey call it ducks unlimited? Shouldn't it be called rich man's land unlimited?

Marque 10-27-2015 10:13 PM

This might get physical.

1 Attachment(s)
Yikes

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:15 PM

What's really funny is they supposed to be about the ducks lol. I witnessed a DU "big wig" tell someone one day "if I woulda known that was your truck with the delta sticker I woulda ripped it off" being serious as all get out haha. That's when u come to realize it's not about the ducks.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777089)
What's really funny is they supposed to be about the ducks lol. I witnessed a DU "big wig" tell someone one day "if I woulda known that was your truck with the delta sticker I woulda ripped it off" being serious as all get out haha. That's when u come to realize it's not about the ducks.

Your point? You're judging a whole organization based off of what you heard one guy say to another?

Cool story

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777090)
Your point? You're judging a whole organization based off of what you heard one guy say to another?

Cool story

I would be mad too. I understand your hostility.

Wrh 10-27-2015 10:22 PM

These gobs of land purchases up north are used as sanctuaries for the birds to reproduce. If they don't have these places to do so then your duck season will undoubtably become worse because the duck population will slowly but surely shrink because the land they go to would become commercialized.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777091)
I would be mad too. I understand your hostility.

I'm just trying to get you to make an argument that makes sense or has some kind of solid support. So far all you've got is a picture you got off of google and some eavesdropping

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:24 PM

Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777094)
Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

Then do us all a favor, almighty one! Open our lil eyes! Show me! Say something, anything that proves you have any kind of ACTUAL knowledge on the subject!! Please oh wise one!

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777095)
Then do us all a favor, almighty one! Open our lil eyes! Show me! Say something, anything that proves you have any kind of ACTUAL knowledge on the subject!! Please oh wise one!

Do a search. We have discussed this plenty of times. There's always a few sunshine pumpers. What's real funny is when u see ppl heading to hunt some du projects in canada and then they pimpin the local banquets. Hehe.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777097)
Do a search. We have discussed this plenty of times. There's always a few sunshine pumpers. What's real funny is when u see ppl heading to hunt some du projects in canada and then they pimpin the local banquets. Hehe.

My search results:

Dewey Mills WMA, Sherburne WMA, Point Aux Chenes WMA, Lacassine NWR, Catahoula Lake. All La DU projects.

Ain't many fancy DU big wigs hunting these places! This is the public land where the regular folks hunt.

Not sure why you've got such a hard on for Canada. Anybody would be crazy to turn down a hunting trip in Canada. The freakin birds spend most of the year there! There will always be birds in Canada.

Outdoorsman97 10-27-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777094)

I hope you like duck hunting because it's people like you that will end conservation for ducks because you say crap about an organization trying to conserve wetlands for hunters.

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:37 PM

Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777100)
Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.

Once again, almighty, all knowing Top Dawg. What do you propose we do? Get rid of all conservation organizations together? Whatever happens, happens? I mean, you obviously know better than everyone else here. Do we also get rid of GWs? No more limits? What do we do?!?!

Wrh 10-27-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777100)

Your ignorance is frustrating. If you truly think its all "smoke n mirror" then that's ashame. There are many people who are trying to conserve wetlands, and this group you're coming after is a college group. It's young men and woman who are trying to make a difference and keep duck hunting around so the next generations can enjoy it the same way we do. It's people like you, who do nothing and bad mouth anyone who tries to do something, who will ruin duck hunting for everyone.

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 777101)
Once again, almighty, all knowing Top Dawg. What do you propose we do? Get rid of all conservation organizations together? Whatever happens, happens? I mean, you obviously know better than everyone else here. Do we also get rid of GWs? No more limits? What do we do?!?!

If it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside I suggest u keep givin ur money to the scheme. I'ma use mine to buy shells and plane tickets up north.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-27-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777103)
If it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside I suggest u keep givin ur money to the scheme. I'ma use mine to buy shells and plane tickets up north.

You seem to have it all figured out. Here I am, asking you. Explain yourself man. Not a real complicated thing I'm asking you to do. If DU is as bad as you say it is what's the alternative?

Top Dawg 10-27-2015 10:58 PM

That's a good question. Maybe instead of pimpin du someone as concerned as u could start an organization worth sending my money to. But I'm not gonna donate to enhance someone's private marsh hunting or buy someone's ticket to canada. I'll use my money to send myself there. When u start ur new organization holla I'll check it out.

Lake Chuck Duck 10-28-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrh (Post 777092)
These gobs of land purchases up north are used as sanctuaries for the birds to reproduce. If they don't have these places to do so then your duck season will undoubtably become worse because the duck population will slowly but surely shrink because the land they go to would become commercialized.

Just curious, are they actually purchasing this land? And what are they doing to manage the land they purchase?

Feesherman 10-28-2015 04:55 AM

Even better, chuck, ask em how many ducks they have produced. U won't get an answer.

Smalls 10-28-2015 05:10 AM

I guess you guys pissed about DU "taking our money and buying land up north" will be real pissed to know that LDWF takes tax dollars and sends them up north to Canada as well. Been doing it for over 50 years. So does every state.

Got into a big conversation on this last week. Its funny really. To each his own. I feel comfortable with where my money goes. No one has ever shown me evidence to the contrary, while I've seen plenty of where they have done work on public land down here. Everything can't be done on public land, as nice as that would be. And everything can't be done down here when you have to protect the breeding grounds. No breeding grounds, no ducks. I guess those farmers will just be nice and leave those areas alone out of the goodness of their hearts.

*****ing about money going to Canada is a new one for me though. My personal favorite has been the spreading of corn and flooding of every field up north to keep the ducks from coming down. Nevermind that agricultural production increased up north, particularly rice farming, and this was mostly because of the decrease we had down here, leaving a gap in the market.

But yeah, DU did all of that.

I'm a Delta supporter too, but if anyone believes Delta does anything in Louisiana with their money, well, don't know what to tell you. Delta is a research organization that puts money into predator management and probably not near as much into land as DU does. If any at all, and I've never seen a delta project in Louisiana.

The funny thing is, a lot of the guys that will bash DU for not helping down here are the same ones flying the CCA banner. Know quite a few of those. My FIL is one. Makes Christmas interesting.

Lake Chuck Duck 10-28-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 777107)
Just curious, are they actually purchasing this land? And what are they doing to manage the land they purchase?

^^This is a legitimate question for anyone that wants to answer it.

As far as all these "Louisiana" projects are concerned, the only thing that can help Louisiana hunters is to start growing rice again, and thats out of any ones hands except the farmers.

And yes, the majority of Delta Funds are spent up north in the breeding grounds of the Dakotas and Canada. Without healthy hatchery you have less ducks. The only difference is Delta figured out how to do it effectively and efficiently. Why would you "purchase" or lease a whole plot of land when all you really need is the potholes? Lease the potholes and trap them, set up hen nests, the farmer gets to make money off his crops and makes money off the low lying unusable land all while reducing costs to the organization. The ALUS program in Canada is redefining conservationist/farmer relations and actually producing measurable results by making the farmer a major part of the process.

DU busy trying to bribe people with fleece jackets and making sure they keep Academy stocked with seat covers, steering wheel covers, stickers, wrapping paper, trinkets, etc......lmao

Top Dawg 10-28-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 777114)

As far as all these "Louisiana" projects are concerned, the only thing that can help Louisiana hunters is to start growing rice again, and thats out of any ones hands except the farmers.

And yes, the majority of Delta Funds are spent up north in the breeding grounds of the Dakotas and Canada. Without healthy hatchery you have less ducks. The only difference is Delta figured out how to do it effectively and efficiently. Why would you "purchase" or lease a whole plot of land when all you really need is the potholes? Lease the potholes and trap them, set up hen nests, the farmer gets to make money off his crops and makes money off the low lying unusable land all while reducing costs to the organization. The ALUS program in Canada is redefining conservationist/farmer relations and actually producing measurable results by making the farmer a major part of the process.

DU busy trying to bribe people with fleece jackets and making sure they keep Academy stocked with seat covers, steering wheel covers, stickers, wrapping paper, trinkets, etc......lmao

They purchase the whole plot cuz the big wigs need a place to hunt while these face painters steady buying their gun calendars haha. As far as the projects in louisiana that were mentioned...Well that's almost comical.

gckid 10-28-2015 06:58 AM

what turned me off of DU was a debate Question between DU rep and Delta waterfowl rep. When questioned about predator control Delta had data on trapped areas/un trapped duck production that they paid trappers to trap. Du said they did not want to offend non hunters with predator control.

wetfeathers00 10-28-2015 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=Outdoorsman97;777056]McNeese Ducks Unlimited is having their first sportsman night out on November 3rd at 6pm at Our lady Queen of Heaven life Center. There will be Jambalaya, beer, Bird Dog whiskey, and Bayou Rum. There will also be raffles and an auction.

Tickets can be bought at the door or online.
$45 non student
$35 student
$25 17 & under

https://www.ducksystem.com/cgibin/ww...001&ex=TICKETS[/QUOTE]

EVERYONE DROP ALL YOUR DU MEMEBERSHIPS AND JOIN DELTA WATERFOWL>

NO MORE SUPPORT FOR DU TO USE FEDERAL GRANTS TO SUPPORT THIER UNION THEY HAVE BUILT TO EXPLOIT FEDERAL MONEY>

THEN TURN AROUND AND SPEND ALL THIER TIME HELPING ARKANSAS, MISSOURI, AND IOWA TO DEVELOP ARTIFICIAL MARSHES AND PREVENT THE DUCKS FROM COMING SOUTH.

Smalls 10-28-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 777114)

They don't always buy the land. Easements are used in some cases. The land they do own has varying levels of management placed upon it. I've heard of some areas not being as intensively managed as others (water control being a primary tool). The main thing is the preservation of the breeding grounds.

As far as buying the whole vs only the pothole.....you can't just manage the potholes. If all of the land around is converted or farmed, the pothole is degraded as well. It's the same principle as protecting marshes and prairies along the gulf coast for mottled ducks--the mottled duck doesn't just need the marsh, it needs the prairie as well. Same for the ducks that use the prairie potholes.

The ALUS is a great program. NRCS has similar programs here that DU has backed. The Migratory Bird Habitat Initiative was one of those.

Delta is a great organization, but they do not put the emphasis on the entire flyway like DU does. Like you said, Delta's focus is the breeding grounds. What good does more ducks do if you have no wintering habitat? Is that not one of our biggest issues? We've lost over 90% of the prairie in Louisiana. We are coastal wetlands at alarming rates, something that no one can seem to erase and no one seems to have a quick answer to.

I love that Delta is so big on predator control, but again, that goes back to the habitat. If we weren't losing the potholes at such high rates, the predator densities would not be so high. When you concentrate the prey, it concentrates the predator. Rebuild the habitat, expand the habitat, and it reduces the pressure from predators.

What I don't understand is why it seems the two don't work together. Maybe they do. Both have a common goal.

And I'm not even going to touch the "trinkets" comments. If your basis for why DU is bad is because someone else is selling a product with their logo on it, then I've got nothing for you. Especially when Delta has a--albeit, limited--store on their website.

B-Stealth 10-28-2015 07:48 AM

Non Hunters Contribute to Wetland Management

Quote:

Originally Posted by gckid (Post 777117)
what turned me off of DU was a debate Question between DU rep and Delta waterfowl rep. When questioned about predator control Delta had data on trapped areas/un trapped duck production that they paid trappers to trap. Du said they did not want to offend non hunters with predator control.

In defense to DU I'm assuming the non-hunting groups are contributors; can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Smalls 10-28-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 777115)
They purchase the whole plot cuz the big wigs need a place to hunt while these face painters steady buying their gun calendars haha. As far as the projects in louisiana that were mentioned...Well that's almost comical.

What's so comical about them? Seriously, educate me, because apparently you know all about why DU is a farce. I want to know. I've yet to hear one compelling argument as to why they are a joke. Everything I've ever heard--heated ponds, baited fields, etc.--I've been able to disprove through my own research, independent of anything DU has said. There are simply more logical arguments for the same effects that these naysayers claim DU is responsible for causing.

If you really want to stop giving your money to causes that send money up north, you should probably stop buying hunting licenses, duck stamps, shells, or anything else associated with hunting, since taxes from those go to LDWF and USFWS, which in turn send money up north.

wetfeathers00 10-28-2015 08:14 AM

SMALLS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 777124)
What's so comical about them? Seriously, educate me, because apparently you know all about why DU is a farce. I want to know. I've yet to hear one compelling argument as to why they are a joke. Everything I've ever heard--heated ponds, baited fields, etc.--I've been able to disprove through my own research, independent of anything DU has said. There are simply more logical arguments for the same effects that these naysayers claim DU is responsible for causing.

If you really want to stop giving your money to causes that send money up north, you should probably stop buying hunting licenses, duck stamps, shells, or anything else associated with hunting, since taxes from those go to LDWF and USFWS, which in turn send money up north.

Debate this:

I Joined DU in the Lake Charles area in 1981. Held meetings in Burton Coliseum all the time. It was a great organization.

But DU has become a UNION, and they have dug into the Federal racketeering GRANTS programs to make the DU UNION leaders rich. The federal grants they secure have a problem, they are for developing UNDEVELOPED land into wild life management.

SINCE THE ENTIRE STATE OF LOUISIANA is pretty much a wildlife habitat, and they cant spend the money in Louisiana to develop land that is already considered wildlife management areas they turned to the northern states of ARKANSAS, MISSOURI, ILLINOIS, and IOWA to fulfill their FEDERAL GRANT obligation and to keep the dollars in their pockets.

WHO cares if it screwed up the flight patterns and Central Flyway. DU damn sure doesn't.

They just want to show their face in the FORMER DUCK HUNTING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD to continue getting revenue from the Un-Informed hunters of Louisiana.

Since 1981 I have seen DU memberships in Louisiana drop over half. And this not because of some fluke.

Many people are aware of what DU does now and they do not approve.

Spunt Drag 10-28-2015 08:26 AM

Y'all just quit *****ing and give DU your money. That's all that matters.