SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bason 10-2-15 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62196)

G3615 11-02-2015 04:16 PM

Bason 10-2-15

1 Attachment(s)
Managed a lil mess today. Matrix shad and vuduu under popping corks. Attachment 97356

fishingonewild 11-02-2015 05:57 PM

nice little mess you got there. bason is around gallanio?

keakar 11-02-2015 06:14 PM

yes, its down that little road next to the gas station

G3615 11-02-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingonewild (Post 777791)
nice little mess you got there. bason is around gallanio?

Yeah it's down Hwy 3235. The street between kiefs hardware and first cast gas station.

fishingonewild 11-02-2015 10:32 PM

It's been a long time for me since I was a child my dad side of the family lives by the bayou in gallino but I live in lafayette and hoping someday I get a chance to go fish in bason

keakar 11-03-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingonewild (Post 777819)
It's been a long time for me since I was a child my dad side of the family lives by the bayou in gallino but I live in lafayette and hoping someday I get a chance to go fish in bason

its a ghost of what it used to be.

sulfur mine is literally gone, just gone, its just a regular average body of water now with average depth at "maybe" 6-8 ft deep in the deepest areas.

its still a great place to fish but so much has filled in as well as washed away that it is no longer a place to think of as a place to go catch fish in deep water with trout stacked up in one spot like it used to be.

fishingonewild 11-03-2015 05:55 PM

wow! I didn't think it was that bad but that does sound bad! so most of the places wud be further down like leeville, funchon, grand isle.

eman 11-03-2015 08:00 PM

All of the deep holes from 20years ago are now half as deep as they were. If it is not a main bayou with good constant tidal flow it is silting up

fishingonewild 11-03-2015 11:36 PM

Darn and nothing is being fixed around areas like that ...... We all pay for fishing license at 22.00 dollars and where is the tax money really going for improvement in coastal waters only a few places which is in the New Orleans areas and some other areas is all.

lil bubba 11-04-2015 05:19 PM

Sulfer mine might be silted in but trout still move north for winter...I was there today and water still a little high and not muddy but stained...Got 25 trout , 3 reds , and 1 drum....And at least a hundred misses from lil undersized fish which is a good sign for the future...It ain't easy fish'n like the past and I had to fish the tide... Once the tide quit it was pick here n there...

fishingonewild 11-04-2015 06:55 PM

glad to see that there still some good fishing there. would hate for it to become barren with no fish.

eman 11-04-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil bubba (Post 777980)
Sulfer mine might be silted in but trout still move north for winter...I was there today and water still a little high and not muddy but stained...Got 25 trout , 3 reds , and 1 drum....And at least a hundred misses from lil undersized fish which is a good sign for the future...It ain't easy fish'n like the past and I had to fish the tide... Once the tide quit it was pick here n there...

The fish are still there it's just that you have a harder time catching on the off days. in a winter that was very cold you could sit over the deep hole and catch a limit . i know of 3 =4 other places that used to be the same. now the holes are not that deep

keakar 11-05-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 777995)
The fish are still there it's just that you have a harder time catching on the off days. in a winter that was very cold you could sit over the deep hole and catch a limit . i know of 3 =4 other places that used to be the same. now the holes are not that deep

yep, I used to love it because I could bring my dad, who cant catch fish, they have to catch themselves and try to steal his pole so he knows he has one lol, and even he could catch a limit easy in the dead of winter but those days are gone forever.

I wish they would dredge out the mine so its 30ft deep again and use the sediment to restore the shorelines and separations with surrounding oyster beds so it restores the depth and water clarity that was a literal gold mine for fishermen, but them damn environmentalists would never allow anything like that to be done anywhere in todays world.

DaPointIsDaBomb 11-05-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keakar (Post 778036)
yep, I used to love it because I could bring my dad, who cant catch fish, they have to catch themselves and try to steal his pole so he knows he has one lol, and even he could catch a limit easy in the dead of winter but those days are gone forever.

I wish they would dredge out the mine so its 30ft deep again and use the sediment to restore the shorelines and separations with surrounding oyster beds so it restores the depth and water clarity that was a literal gold mine for fishermen, but them damn environmentalists would never allow anything like that to be done anywhere in todays world.

Nature trying to repair itself by filling in the manmade holes with sediment

lil bubba 11-05-2015 10:08 AM

Actually in the point aux chene's unit they have dug the big open spot north of island road and built numerous levee's...All material was dug from under water and used for the levee's...Don't know what their reasoning is but I would think it should serve as a buffer to the rest of the area...One thing is for sure,,,if you don't do nothing you got nothing...

DaPointIsDaBomb 11-05-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil bubba (Post 778044)
Actually in the point aux chene's unit they have dug the big open spot north of island road and built numerous levee's...All material was dug from under water and used for the levee's...Don't know what their reasoning is but I would think it should serve as a buffer to the rest of the area...One thing is for sure,,,if you don't do nothing you got nothing...

levees what got us here in first place

and CCA