SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It Really Makes Me Angry (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61557)

duckman1911 08-31-2015 09:29 PM

It Really Makes Me Angry

Spent time debating a liberal (once fb) friend day. Constant whining about how much people make. I eventually got really angry. I like the money I make because it alows me to sleep with my wife every night. I could make more if I wanted to change that. I don't. I love my life. I got pissed when said person started to tell me oilfield workers are making money to destroy the environment. I got mad. Without destroying something I didn't want to destroy I just walked away. Although said person will never read this here we go.
MFr I have friends that live half their life on a metal island in the gulf away from their family so you can put gas in your car.
I have friends that work on turbines away from their family so you get you electricity.
I have friends that work away from their family welding on pipelines so you can turn your stove on.
Leave my F'Ing friends alone or learn to drill for oil yourself.

Andy C 08-31-2015 10:02 PM

Easy man, you forget there entiled to all that!! No mater what it takes to get it to them and there hiberd touch football to ruff ,toueff farting assssssssesx, your better than that!!

fishinpox 08-31-2015 10:11 PM

:brew:

duckman1911 08-31-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 771278)
:brew:

TY. I get pissed when people that punch the alarm at 4/5am are looked down on. Since when is sweat and dirty hands a bad thing? I don't care if your uniform is a suit. You put in the hours to provide for you and yours. And have to do extra to cover the freeloaders. I'm really starting to tire of working people not only getting the short end of the stick but being looked at like outcasts.
Welders, carpenters, electricians, mechanics, oil workers, pipe fitters, cops, fire fighters, emt's, etc. What happens if we all take a year off?

fishinpox 09-01-2015 06:51 AM

I wasn't agreeing with you , I was telling you "have another cold one"

Salty 09-01-2015 07:51 AM

:rotfl: @ Poxy.

youmyboyblue 09-01-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 771287)

Now this is funny

Elkhunter49 09-01-2015 08:24 AM

I was in my garage working on my mower about a month ago and some guy from a few houses down comes down and starts making small talk. He seemed friendly enough at first until he found out I was an oil field hand. He started *****ing about the Mercondo incident and how BP had screwed everyone in Louisiana. I'll not repeat what I told him but I'm sure of 2 things now. First he will never come back on my property again and the second is I'm quite sure I'm now known as the neighborhood *******!

duckman1911 09-01-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkhunter49 (Post 771302)
I was in my garage working on my mower about a month ago and some guy from a few houses down comes down and starts making small talk. He seemed friendly enough at first until he found out I was an oil field hand. He started *****ing about the Mercondo incident and how BP had screwed everyone in Louisiana. I'll not repeat what I told him but I'm sure of 2 things now. First he will never come back on my property again and the second is I'm quite sure I'm now known as the neighborhood *******!

Yep. Really gets under my skin when some liberal whacko starts running their mouth when they have no idea what some people sacrifice to earn a living. Especially when they are talking about things that some of my good friends do for a living.

duckman1911 09-01-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 771287)

You buying? Lol
That was funny :)

seachaser250 09-01-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 771270)
Spent time debating a liberal (once fb) friend day. Constant whining about how much people make. I eventually got really angry. I like the money I make because it alows me to sleep with my wife every night. I could make more if I wanted to change that. I don't. I love my life. I got pissed when said person started to tell me oilfield workers are making money to destroy the environment. I got mad. Without destroying something I didn't want to destroy I just walked away. Although said person will never read this here we go.
MFr I have friends that live half their life on a metal island in the gulf away from their family so you can put gas in your car.
I have friends that work on turbines away from their family so you get you electricity.
I have friends that work away from their family welding on pipelines so you can turn your stove on.
Leave my F'Ing friends alone or learn to drill for oil yourself.

I don't understand why any of these jobs should be praised or thought of more than others??? So what if they live half their life on a metal island...they chose that. They aren't doing anything courageous like serving our country in the armed forces, which is also a personal choice but obviously different than beating ur chest that you work in the oilfield.

seachaser250 09-01-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 771279)
TY. I get pissed when people that punch the alarm at 4/5am are looked down on. Since when is sweat and dirty hands a bad thing? I don't care if your uniform is a suit. You put in the hours to provide for you and yours. And have to do extra to cover the freeloaders. I'm really starting to tire of working people not only getting the short end of the stick but being looked at like outcasts.
Welders, carpenters, electricians, mechanics, oil workers, pipe fitters, cops, fire fighters, emt's, etc. What happens if we all take a year off?

If you take a year off, many others that are qualified and willing will quickly step in and all will be fine.

Pat Babaz 09-01-2015 09:54 AM

http://www.limelightagency.com/Steph...pic/Buffer.jpg

10 page thread or bust......seachaser vs duckman

duckman1911 09-01-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seachaser250 (Post 771317)
I don't understand why any of these jobs should be praised or thought of more than others??? So what if they live half their life on a metal island...they chose that. They aren't doing anything courageous like serving our country in the armed forces, which is also a personal choice but obviously different than beating ur chest that you work in the oilfield.

You misunderstand. Yes it's their choice and no it's not anything worth special praise no more than my job is. It's nothing to be looked done upon either. Especially by some tree hugger that talks about how bad oil is for the environment but also keeps pumping fuel into their car.
Told her if she didn't like oil she should sell her car and walk. Lead by example. That did not go over well.lmao

seachaser250 09-01-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 771325)
You misunderstand. Yes it's their choice and no it's not anything worth special praise no more than my job is. It's nothing to be looked done upon either. Especially by some tree hugger that talks about how bad oil is for the environment but also keeps pumping fuel into their car.
Told her if she didn't like oil she should sell her car and walk. Lead by example. That did not go over well.lmao

I wasn't necessarily arguing with you, more like venting on one of my pet peeves. If you lived in lafayette you'd understand quickly lol

The oilfield industry is valuable no doubt, if not the most valuable industry in the south. It's the select few that parade around with oil field life stickers spouting off on how noble their profession is that annoy me.

duckman1911 09-01-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seachaser250 (Post 771327)
I wasn't necessarily arguing with you, more like venting on one of my pet peeves. If you lived in lafayette you'd understand quickly lol

The oilfield industry is valuable no doubt, if not the most valuable industry in the south. It's the select few that parade around with oil field life stickers spouting off on how noble their profession is that annoy me.

I see your point and understand. Kinda the same with my line of work.

BassYakR 09-01-2015 10:31 AM

I get annoyed when i see Oilfield lyfe stickers also.... bc i know they have 2 weeks at a time to spend all that DAMN MONEY THEY MAKE. While i pinch pennies on my 2 days a week that i have off.

southern151 09-01-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 771336)
I get annoyed when i see Oilfield lyfe stickers also.... bc i know they have 2 weeks at a time to spend all that DAMN MONEY THEY MAKE. While i pinch pennies on my 2 days a week that i have off.

Gotta buy them big shackles for their F250's receiver hitch!

I make oil 09-01-2015 02:06 PM

Or build those ridiculous Mustangs.��

If the oilfield is so easy come get you some. Otherwise S T F U and sit on the porch. I'm not saying anyone in this industry is better than anyone else in the world just because of what they do. However, I will say that it takes a certain kind of person to do it and to be successful at it. It's not for everyone. Those who can do it reap the rewards as well we should for supplying a valuable commodity. I will never argue with the surgeon who has the knowledge and skill to save a love ones life over what they should or shouldn't charge for thier service. I certainly can't do what they can and I respect the skill and training their job requires. Along with that comes the salary that is commensurate with the work. Why should one be different from the other?

mriguy 09-01-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I make oil (Post 771374)
Or build those ridiculous Mustangs.��

If the oilfield is so easy come get you some. Otherwise S T F U and sit on the porch. I'm not saying anyone in this industry is better than anyone else in the world just because of what they do. However, I will say that it takes a certain kind of person to do it and to be successful at it. It's not for everyone. Those who can do it reap the rewards as well we should for supplying a valuable commodity. I will never argue with the surgeon who has the knowledge and skill to save a love ones life over what they should or shouldn't charge for thier service. I certainly can't do what they can and I respect the skill and training their job requires. Along with that comes the salary that is commensurate with the work. Why should one be different from the other?

Very well said