SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conservationist's Corner (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Weirs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9264)

"W" 04-07-2010 10:56 AM

The Weirs

After last nights CCA Seminar I found someone who agreeded with me on the Weirs. I talked about this a while back and got hammerded on the Issue. Last Night EriK Rue agreed that we should move the 250 to 500 or 1000 feet to give the fish a fare chance! His 4 boats caught 4,ooo reds so think how many the other guide company's catch!!! I would say we are taking about 20,000 reds a year and I bet half are caught at the weirs. So if you take the guides 20,000 and add the publics I would say its about 35,000 a year:shaking:

Jordan 04-07-2010 12:56 PM

reds f*** like mosquitoes !!!!!!!

Fishmaster 04-07-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 136957)

:eek::eek:

:rotfl:

all star rod 04-07-2010 01:29 PM

W, you always talk about the weirs in a negative way but you always visit them on your fishing trips.......If I am not mistaken, I think you were at them on your last recent fishing trip.........You even got a souviner from them to!!!:*****:

all star rod 04-07-2010 01:30 PM

Also, if Rue agrees with you then why does he still fish the weirs??????????????

Bluechip 04-07-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 136972)
Also, if Rue agrees with you then why does he still fish the weirs??????????????

That is what I was wondering....

wtretrievers 04-07-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 136972)

$$$$$$$ thats why

SULPHITE 04-07-2010 02:52 PM

Rue claimed he does not fish the weirs...his #'s come from the lake.

Bluechip 04-07-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 137001)
Rue claimed he does not fish the weirs...his #'s come from the lake.

If those numbers are coming from the lake, then we will have to quit fishing it also....:D

Purple Back 04-07-2010 03:14 PM

I hate the weirs, and yes Eric's boats do fish them but that doesn't mean they can not catch them elsewhere. They only go when no one is around.

I say they put a 1/4 mile barrier around them f***ing weirs. That way the redfish can actually have a chance.

"W" 04-07-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 136957)

You have no clue bud

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Back (Post 137016)
I hate the weirs, and yes Eric's boats do fish them but that doesn't mean they can not catch them elsewhere. They only go when no one is around.

I say they put a 1/4 mile barrier around them f***ing weirs. That way the redfish can actually have a chance.

Only bad thing is do we want to save the fish or unleash the fools....... Im all for protecting our Reds and give them a fare chance....but if we block the weirs then we unleash the trolls into the lake...this could back fire on us

Purple Back 04-07-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 137022)
You have no clue bud

Only bad thing is do we want to save the fish or unleash the fools....... Im all for protecting our Reds and give them a fare chance....but if we block the weirs then we unleash the trolls into the lake...this could back fire on us

LOL, this is very true.......Didn't think about that. It is probably better to keep all the yoyo's consolidated in one spot.:cool:

cmdrost 04-07-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 137022)

Oh I LOVE the double standards that exist on this board!! Why do you care??? The same several of you saying stop fishing the weirs are the same ones that say you can't hurt the fish populations with a rod and reel. Explain that to me please!

Purple Back 04-07-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 137026)
Oh I LOVE the double standards that exist on this board!! Why do you care??? The same several of you saying stop fishing the weirs are the same ones that say you can't hurt the fish with a rod and reel. Explain that to me please!

Without the weirs these people could not catch a fish on a rod and reel.
:D

Mediumheavyaction6'6 04-07-2010 03:43 PM

Just make the entire lake artificial only....that will weed out most of the trolls and make fishing enjoyable for a select few.

all star rod 04-07-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Oh I LOVE the double standards that exist on this board!! Why do you care??? The same several of you saying stop fishing the weirs are the same ones that say you can't hurt the fish populations with a rod and reel. Explain that to me please!

:*****:

W's disclaimer:
"only at the weirs can you hurt the fish populations with a rod and reel"

Ray 04-07-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 (Post 137028)
Just make the entire lake artificial only....that will weed out most of the trolls and make fishing enjoyable for a select few.

That will never happen... in our lifetime.

"W" 04-07-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

You will not fish out the population with rod n reel......but fishing weirs has not a ounce of skill or talent involved. NO sport in fishing the weirs..Your not even giving the fish a chance to leave ..... You take all the guys on Sat who fish the weirs......... Count there fish.....Then set them all out on Sunday but Weirs off limits and count there fish............. :D..

I bet you would not have a quarter of fish caught............ Why because skill and knowledge would come to play

Mediumheavyaction6'6 04-07-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 137051)
That will never happen... in our lifetime.

no, but it is fun to dream!

huntin fool 04-07-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Chas me and you would get along just fine.
they change there minds on this board like a chick changes clothes