SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Big Lake 5/7/11 Night Fishing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18370)

ckinchen 05-08-2011 05:50 PM

Big Lake 5/7/11 Night Fishing

I wanted to try out my new generator and light on the boat so we made a trip out Saturday night. We started fishing at around 9:00 and my wife and kids were tired and ready to go in so we left around 11:00. We fished around the south bank of west cove. The water was a 3 on a 10 point scale. We ended up with eight trout and 1 red.

While it was far from a great night of fishing, I was happy to hit a few fish at night in 20mph wind and dirty water. It can only get better as the winds die and the days get hotter.

No pictures, I cleaned the fish this morning and did not have a chance to bring my phone down to take pictures.

longsidelandry 05-08-2011 06:50 PM

Not bad for just a couple of hours

Salty 05-08-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 251411)
I wanted to try out my new generator and light on the boat so we made a trip out Saturday night. We started fishing at around 9:00 and my wife and kids were tired and ready to go in so we left around 11:00. We fished around the south bank of west cove. The water was a 3 on a 10 point scale. We ended up with eight trout and 1 red.

While it was far from a great night of fishing, I was happy to hit a few fish at night in 20mph wind and dirty water. It can only get better as the winds die and the days get hotter.

No pictures, I cleaned the fish this morning and did not have a chance to bring my phone down to take pictures.

"Your" "knew" here but you will learn...no pics....didn't happen. :smokin:

BayBolt23 05-08-2011 07:12 PM

I've been wanting to do some night fishing. Were the mosquitoes bad out there?

jlincecum 05-08-2011 07:37 PM

hows that boat doing Casey???

meaux fishing 05-08-2011 09:14 PM

What kind of light setup and generator do you use?

ckinchen 05-08-2011 10:49 PM

The bugs were not bad at all but it was windy so that helps. I also always have Amber Romance on when I fish at night and that usually helps.

Meaux - I have a 2400 watt inverter generator from yamaha which is very quiet with a 1000 watt sodium light that I had mounted in a manner that is easy to take off. I also had a 400 sodium underwater fish vector light but I have not been impressed with it. My contractor is making me another 1,000 watt sodium light this week so I hope to be out there Friday night with two sodium lights going.

trophytroutman 05-08-2011 10:51 PM

Great couple hrs.Love the night fishing but I like wading at night using the moon and my ears.Great job.

cajunhntr03 05-09-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 251411)

Great trip sounds like you had fun Dats what counts

ckinchen 05-09-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunhntr03 (Post 251888)
Great trip sounds like you had fun Dats what counts

Yes sir, the kids enjoyed it. Where have you been lately?

calcutta37 05-09-2011 08:41 PM

ckinchen you said you were not happy with that fish vector light can you say why? Does it not produce enough light or was the water a little dirty? Was thinking about getting one.

BayBolt23 05-09-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 251897)
ckinchen you said you were not happy with that fish vector light can you say why? Does it not produce enough light or was the water a little dirty? Was thinking about getting one.

Yah buy us one Lank we need one for the party barge

ckinchen 05-10-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 251897)

It is only a 400 watt underwater light, I was much more impressed with my 1,000 watt sodium light. Actually my fish vector stopped working after only an hour and a half and I still cannot get it to work. All of the fish we caught were caught under my exterior light.

mikedatiger 05-10-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 252317)
It is only a 400 watt underwater light, I was much more impressed with my 1,000 watt sodium light. Actually my fish vector stopped working after only an hour and a half and I still cannot get it to work. All of the fish we caught were caught under my exterior light.

What's the warranty on the vector? I had heard good things about them, but may have to look into the sodium light...

ckinchen 05-10-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedatiger (Post 252327)
What's the warranty on the vector? I had heard good things about them, but may have to look into the sodium light...

I don't know, I need to email the owner and find out. If I get mine fixed I will let you use it and see if you like it. I won't get another one but that is just me. My contractor called me today and my 2nd's light is now ready so I willl have two of them going Friday night.:)

mikedatiger 05-10-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 252328)
I don't know, I need to email the owner and find out. If I get mine fixed I will let you use it and see if you like it. I won't get another one but that is just me. My contractor called me today and my 2nd's light is now ready so I willl have two of them going Friday night.:)

Wait till Saturday!!! :D

ckinchen 05-10-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedatiger (Post 252330)
Wait till Saturday!!! :D

I will be out there Satuday night as well, come take a ride if you want.

jlincecum 05-10-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedatiger (Post 252327)

we need the party barge first