SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Holly Beach this morning! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19567)

evidrine 06-11-2011 02:20 PM

Holly Beach this morning!
 
Terrible!!!!! Got out there before day break and fished the rocks. Fished bottom, top, shrimp, crab, mullet, you name it, we tried it all. Nothin! Moved over to the beach as the tide was coming in with still no luck. Talked to a few folks out there who said the same. Didnt see anyone pull a fish from the water today. Drove by the ship channel to check things out but descied to head in. Hope other had better luck than we did. I did get a Gar in the cast net this morning on the way in so I guess it wasnt a total loss. That was right after we had 2 other cast nets get hung up in the water. Lost both of them. Not a good day! I did see a lot of crabs out on the beach though.

evidrine 06-11-2011 02:23 PM

Should also mention that the water was nice this morning. Doesnt make sense to me!

bluewater 06-11-2011 02:23 PM

Was the water muddy down there?

bluewater 06-11-2011 02:24 PM

Disregard, didnt c ur next post

"W" 06-11-2011 02:31 PM

Guy who was coming with us this morning had 60 by 7 45am

evidrine 06-11-2011 02:35 PM

I would have liked to have known where her was! Did see a lot of boats (nearly on top of each other) on the east end between the camps and the ship channel. Had a few guys in the surf also. Could have been doing well on that end. We were too worn out by that time to try it out.

Duck Butter 06-11-2011 03:35 PM

I think the old 'bait and switch' is at work here:grinpimp:

eman 06-11-2011 03:48 PM

No bait No fish

Dink 06-11-2011 06:01 PM

Gotta go further west.....I-10 to sulphur and go south....get to the beach, go west some more

Top Dawg 06-11-2011 07:02 PM

My buds dad fished Johnson bayou this morning on the beach. Notta

BassAssasin 06-11-2011 07:55 PM

yellowmouth7 caught 14 trout and a couple reds as of 3 pm i think they were in the ship channel

evidrine 06-11-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 267119)
yellowmouth7 caught 14 trout and a couple reds as of 3 pm i think they were in the ship channel

Yea, when we passed that end I kept an eye out for his vehicle, must have missed it. Would have stopped by if I saw him.

evidrine 06-11-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 267052)
Gotta go further west.....I-10 to sulphur and go south....get to the beach, go west some more

May try that next time out. Deff not giving up on it.

BassAssasin 06-11-2011 10:26 PM

they may have gone in boat today

leblanc272 06-12-2011 08:13 AM

Holly Beach & Hackberry
 
I fished Hooly beach sat morning and was catching hard heads on live shrimp until about 9am. I moved further west down the beach and caught 8 trout fairly quick and then it shut down. I loaded up and was heading home when i decided to stop at one of the public crabbing docks for the Sabine refuge and cought 5 reds in 1 hour. I headed home after that. Not to bad for a first timer going down there and poking around.

evidrine 06-12-2011 08:45 AM

Yea we pulled out a couple hard heads as well. Dink recommended going farther west as well .How far down west did you go. Everyone around us wasnt catching at all.

Gerald 06-12-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leblanc272 (Post 267302)
I fished Hooly beach sat morning and was catching hard heads on live shrimp until about 9am. I moved further west down the beach and caught 8 trout fairly quick and then it shut down. I loaded up and was heading home when i decided to stop at one of the public crabbing docks for the Sabine refuge and cought 5 reds in 1 hour. I headed home after that. Not to bad for a first timer going down there and poking around.

Great first report.......thanks for posting on SaltyCajun.

See you at the beach one day!

evidrine 06-12-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 267351)
Great first report.......thanks for posting on SaltyCajun.

See you at the beach one day!

You are welcome! Shame it couldnt have been a better one. I guess you win some and you lose some. It wold be great to meet a few of you guys. Would be nice to know who i'm BS'ing with every day online. lol!

PaulMyers 06-12-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evidrine (Post 267465)
You are welcome! Shame it couldnt have been a better one. I guess you win some and you lose some. It wold be great to meet a few of you guys. Would be nice to know who i'm BS'ing with every day online. lol!

Agreed! I haven't met a bad person from this board yet.

Sent from my EVO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted