SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ATV seat recover (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23804)

Jordan 09-30-2011 02:35 PM

ATV seat recover
 
My atv seat is shot, beyond duct tape repair. Anyone know of an item to recover the seat ??

Table cloth ?

Dont want to spend $70 for a new seat. It just needs to be re-covered.

meaux fishing 09-30-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 330034)
My atv seat is shot, beyond duct tape repair. Anyone know of an item to recover the seat ??

Table cloth ?

Dont want to spend $70 for a new seat. It just needs to be re-covered.

I wouldnt use a table cloth cause the next time you catch the bike on fire it will burn longer:smokin:

meaux fishing 09-30-2011 02:38 PM

call your local upholstery shop or get some vinyl and do it yourself

Jordan 09-30-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 330035)
I wouldnt use a table cloth cause the next time you catch the bike on fire it will burn longer:smokin:


dont think it technically ever caught on fire.... just sparked and smoked.... a little

SULPHITE 09-30-2011 03:15 PM

i need a cover too...

Jordan 09-30-2011 03:29 PM

lol, glad to make that belly roll every time you tink about it. Its running like a champ now. 2 new carbs later.

Lake Chuck Duck 09-30-2011 04:14 PM

There is guy in lake chuck that re covered 2 for me. Would you like a number?

weedeater 09-30-2011 05:12 PM

guy I know went and bought some camo material at walmart and just took a heavy duty stapler and strecthed and stapled

Lake Chuck Duck 09-30-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 330090)
guy I know went and bought some camo material at walmart and just took a heavy duty stapler and strecthed and stapled

That works

weedeater 09-30-2011 05:17 PM

yea it looked cool to, he did camo but you could get *****hide or neoprene

Gerald 09-30-2011 08:33 PM

If you want to repair it....cheep.

Try going to an upholstery shop and ask if they have any "scrap" or discarded material that you can have. The main seat frame on most 4 wheelers are made of a hard material, but it can be stappled with a good "carpenter" staple gun to secure a new cover.

I once found some "vinal" material at a fabric store. It was fairly cheep.... and did not last very long. Find some good stuff to use.

1fastmerc 09-30-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 330053)
Yea and went vroom vroom cough cough and died. Jordy I laugh at that one all the time and yes you are still my dog

I think this story is worth expanding on. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micah 09-30-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 330093)
yea it looked cool to, he did camo but you could get *****hide or neoprene

Brother-n-law did his seat with an old pair of camo neoprene waders. Just cut to fit and staple....looked really good.

Jordan 10-01-2011 12:40 PM

The factory vinyl is about $30/ sq yard. Just looking for something a little cheaper

1fastmerc 10-01-2011 01:23 PM

With all your $ just by a new one. I think a pink camo one would look good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntin fool 10-01-2011 02:03 PM

Take a set of old waders (neoprene or that industrial cloth style) and staple dat.

Lake Chuck Duck 10-01-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 330252)
With all your $ just by a new one. I think a pink camo one would look good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White one to match his classes lol!

1fastmerc 10-01-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 330285)
White one to match his classes lol!

Haha. I forgot about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan 10-01-2011 07:44 PM

White glasses are broken

1fastmerc 10-01-2011 07:47 PM

Use some of that zebra print duct tape on your seat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted