SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Inspection hook up (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6705)

yak'em-n-stack'em 01-09-2010 05:59 AM

Inspection hook up

So I'm driving down 165 right now with Ice on my windshield all the sudden I hear a crackle an my windshield has a 8 inch crack across it. I'm so mad cuz I told my buddy yesterday I need to get inspected before something happens. My sticker is 1-10. Does anyone have a hook up that could get me inspected? Also what is the cost of a ticket?

Mediumheavyaction6'6 01-09-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 99935)
So I'm driving down 165 right now with Ice on my windshield all the sudden I hear a crackle an my windshield has a 8 inch crack across it. I'm so mad cuz I told my buddy yesterday I need to get inspected before something happens. My sticker is 1-10. Does anyone have a hook up that could get me inspected? Also what is the cost of a ticket?

i know an expired inspection ticket is around $140. if the crack is not in your line of sight as the driver that place on Burbank, Burbank Tires I think it is called, inspects pretty much anything.

yak'em-n-stack'em 01-09-2010 11:40 AM

its just out of my line of sight

Mediumheavyaction6'6 01-09-2010 11:47 AM

that may be up to their interpretation. that last time i went about a year ago the crack in my windshield was definitely in my sight line but they told me to get it fixed for next year. they let me slide i bet they would let you too.

cajunman 01-09-2010 11:48 AM

If I remember right, you have until the last day of the month to get inspected. You should'nt have to worry about a ticket unless you can't spring for the windshield to pass inspection. If you need a little time to raise funds for one, you can always go for inspection and they just fail you and then I think you have one month to correct the problems.

QUACKHEAD 01-09-2010 11:59 AM

The rule use to be no more the 8 inches inside windshield wiper area. A real 8 inches, not what we tell our wife...:eek::shaking::shaking::shaking:

Big Flounder 01-09-2010 12:14 PM

the same damn thing happened to me. as soon as i put that heat to the windshield one little ding just spider webbed. all of mine is at the very bottom of the windshield though. one little line made its way over to the driver side of the truck and the rest is on the passenger side. my inspection sticker expires in march and I know a place in sulfer so I'm just going to get me one when I fish the tourny. yak I do know some one in watson that owns a glass company if you just want to replace that windshield.

yak'em-n-stack'em 01-09-2010 12:19 PM

i am gonna get it drilled next weekend and that should hold me over.

i have 2 months to find an inspection place, and i have a lead on one right now lol

southern151 01-09-2010 12:31 PM

8" is the tolerance. $184 is the fine amount. Check with your insurance company. If you have full coverage, your comprehensive will pick it up which will not make your insurance premiums rise. Most places have it set up to where you don't have any out-of-pocket expense when they replace your windshield.

speck-chaser 01-09-2010 12:33 PM

my father in law retired from the state police, He said your supposed to have a month of grace on the inspection sticker. Its usually up to the discretion of the officer. I had a place too here in the berry that would inspect anything. In the past 6 mo. the authorities have been cracking down on inspection places. they have been getting fines for poor inspections. Both me and my brother have gone in the past six mo. with cracks on the passenger sides,and they wouldnt inspect it Used to be ok if it was on passengers side.Had to replace the windshield.

Ray 01-09-2010 12:41 PM

PM the name and address of the place. Don't post it publicly or it might get shut down.

Gerald 01-09-2010 01:40 PM

Many years ago.....the rule was no crack in front of the driver view in an area 8.5" x 11" [the size of a sheet of paper] or no more than 3 chips in this same area.

I had a crack years ago, but it was down low.....across the hood of the car, so it was never questioned when getting inspections.

Ray....is your "place" in MB?

Ray 01-09-2010 01:42 PM

Lake Charles.

SoggyRedNeck 01-09-2010 05:07 PM

A guy I hunt with up here told me about a place in your home town that does it for 15 bucks regardless of what you got wrong. Typical of a kinder fella

Feesherman 01-18-2010 11:51 AM

If you come over this way I know one in Moss Bluff. They inspected my truck and they didn't even go outside and look at it. They sent there little kid out to put the new sticker on and that was it.

yak'em-n-stack'em 01-18-2010 12:27 PM

soggy, that place stopped doing inspections

wtretrievers 01-18-2010 12:34 PM

PM Sent