SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cameron Boat Launches (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69212)

selout 06-28-2019 12:52 PM

Cameron Boat Launches

Looking to take my boat to Cameron for some fishing since the water is muddy where I live. What boat launches are open into the ship channel south of the lake?

Crawl79 06-28-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selout (Post 849717)
Looking to take my boat to Cameron for some fishing since the water is muddy where I live. What boat launches are open into the ship channel south of the lake?

On the channel south of lake I only know of the ferry launch on the hackberry side. Would like to know myself if there are any private launches in Cameron since the public launch closed.

biggun 06-29-2019 01:23 PM

Eric

U can Launch at the Mermentau in Grand Chenier..

Crawl79 07-01-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggun (Post 849738)
Eric

U can Launch at the Mermentau in Grand Chenier..

Thanks Gunner. We launch in Mermentau sometimes but looking for a launch when we are fishing south side of Big Lake for trout.
One in Cameron would be great, so don't have to cross the ferry or drive through lake Charles.

I haven't made one trip offshore yet this year. Just been picking at the trout in Big Lake.

redaddiction 07-01-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawl79 (Post 849769)
Thanks Gunner. We launch in Mermentau sometimes but looking for a launch when we are fishing south side of Big Lake for trout.
One in Cameron would be great, so don't have to cross the ferry or drive through lake Charles.

I haven't made one trip offshore yet this year. Just been picking at the trout in Big Lake.

There are no launches other than Hebert's Landing on the east side. There are supposed to eventually replace the Cameron launch with another one.

Gerald 07-02-2019 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 849770)
There are no launches other than Hebert's Landing on the east side. There are supposed to eventually replace the Cameron launch with another one.

I thought that the Cameron [east side] boat launch was closed due to construction of the LNG plant just south of the launch. Two weeks ago, it looked like the parking area was being used to store some construction materials. I think I read that the launch would reopen after construction is completed.

On the construction site, I could see lots of dirt work and maybe some foundation work. There were several medium size cranes on site.

redaddiction 07-02-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 849787)
I thought that the Cameron [east side] boat launch was closed due to construction of the LNG plant just south of the launch. Two weeks ago, it looked like the parking area was being used to store some construction materials. I think I read that the launch would reopen after construction is completed.

On the construction site, I could see lots of dirt work and maybe some foundation work. There were several medium size cranes on site.

Maybe so. Maybe it's the fishing pier that will be reconstructed somewhere else.