SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trout eggs 1st for me (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53496)

bigheadboo 05-20-2014 08:14 AM

Trout eggs 1st for me

3 Attachment(s)
Only (2) 14" trout Sunday afternoon couldn't believe the size of the eggs in one of them.

Mako19 05-20-2014 08:23 AM

Fry That!

squatcher101 05-20-2014 11:40 AM

watch it when you fry them in grease they will pop an burn you... thats from expieriance

swamp snorkler 05-20-2014 11:41 AM

make sure you have a cover, don't let them go more than a couple minutes.

bigheadboo 05-20-2014 12:00 PM

I've cooked and eaten a lot of them just never saw them that big!

AceArcher 05-20-2014 12:45 PM

I love me some fried fish eggs, Those look big enough to have come out of a white bass.

As an alternative to frying them in butter after a dusting them with a little coating of corn meal and corn starch...

You can also break up the egg and mix it in with regular eggs and then make an omelet... it will hands down be the best omelet you have ever made in your life.

jpeff31787 05-20-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceArcher (Post 691246)
I love me some fried fish eggs, Those look big enough to have come out of a white bass.

As an alternative to frying them in butter after a dusting them with a little coating of corn meal and corn starch...

You can also break up the egg and mix it in with regular eggs and then make an omelet... it will hands down be the best omelet you have ever made in your life.

that's interesting

Sightwindow 05-20-2014 04:04 PM

Swollen, hydrated eggs. Ready to drop.

Visco 05-20-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 691261)

that's interesting

X2 on that, so much in fact I might have to give that a try. I have never eaten fish eggs but my grandpa loved them. I guess I need to see what all the hubub is all about.

Ratdog 05-20-2014 05:20 PM

Seen um a lot.

It's more in el niño years. When el niño creates its greatest effects they grow large. We would find um with maies following close behind so we uned a double rig.sometimes when they were so thick the males could not be found. I guess too busy on bottom fertilizing. But other times they feed in frenzy. At spamore point you could anchored off the from the rocks and every cast was tu furs. Them were the days .

Visco 05-20-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratdog (Post 691308)
Seen um a lot.

It's more in el niño years. When el niño creates its greatest effects they grow large. We would find um with maies following close behind so we uned a double rig.sometimes when they were so thick the males could not be found. I guess too busy on bottom fertilizing. But other times they feed in frenzy. At spamore point you could anchored off the from the rocks and every cast was tu furs. Them were the days .

I was catching doubles this past weekend. This weekend I and going to tie on two jigs to the back of my shedog and see if I can manage a threesome :*****:

Ratdog 05-20-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visco (Post 691321)
I was catching doubles this past weekend. This weekend I and going to tie on two jigs to the back of my shedog and see if I can manage a threesome :*****:

I guess u a predator.

Sightwindow 05-21-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceArcher (Post 691246)

OK, what's the ratio of trout eggs/regular eggs?

TroutSupport.com 05-21-2014 11:00 AM

Ready to spawn for sure. Or some weird hormone response... would have to do lab test to find out... but yeah those are big.