SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   LNGLF (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55024)

redaddiction 07-18-2014 12:14 PM

LNGLF

I am interested in this stock so I decided to start it's own thread separate from the LNG thread.

They haven't even begun construction yet but the price already has huge gains from just a few months ago. Completion isn't scheduled until 2018 and that's without any delays. That never happens. So probably 2019.

What would cause the price to rise in the next 4 years when they aren't receiving any revenue yet? Is there any chance to make some money during this time frame on pure speculation? I'm just trying to figure out if I should tie up any money long term or wait till a little later to get in.

"W" 07-18-2014 12:23 PM

Speculation Speculation Speculation is what stocks like these are based on , when more people talk and buy the price moves

I'm not taking a chance of not having any of this so I'm buying it up as much as I can afford to
I'm knocking on. 5500 shares right now

Why not ???

redaddiction 07-18-2014 12:59 PM

Yeah, I don't want to miss a move up, but my money is in other stocks doing so well. No free cash and would hate to sell some of my others and miss something there. Decisions, decisions!

"W" 07-18-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 707786)
Yeah, I don't want to miss a move up, but my money is in other stocks doing so well. No free cash and would hate to sell some of my others and miss something there. Decisions, decisions!

Yea that is what's sucks , I sold off some other stuff

I also had OILT spilt day before yesterday and just evened out my share numbers and too extra cash and bought some more LNGLF

Have two buy in so far $2.09 and $2.04

BuckingFastard 07-18-2014 02:01 PM

dang dang

hadabite 07-18-2014 07:16 PM

I bought in at .79

swampman46 07-19-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 707786)

For me, it would be very difficult to remove money that is doing well, to go into a stock that has "potential" for doing well. Not a logical trading strategy. Emotional trading works for some-but not for others. Now if "extra" cash becomes available... ;)

jrdntboy09 07-22-2014 03:34 AM

Gonna make a big jump when it opens today��

LadyFishKiller 07-22-2014 08:14 AM

why u say that Jordan? what's the scoop?

LadyFishKiller 07-22-2014 08:15 AM

assuming ur name is Jordan

BuckingFastard 07-22-2014 09:02 AM

i tried to buy in before the open!! my funds didnt post in time!!!!

LadyFishKiller 07-22-2014 09:14 AM

I'm kicking myself for not buying last week and buying again this morning.

BuckingFastard 07-22-2014 09:17 AM

i cant till monday! pretty upset

jlincecum 07-22-2014 09:21 AM

up to 2.64 this morning

hadabite 07-22-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFishKiller (Post 708619)
why u say that Jordan? what's the scoop?

you can watch the Australian market (LNG) it's open during the night here. LNGLF follows it. It's the mother company.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

redaddiction 07-22-2014 09:48 AM

Mudda Fricka!

Purple Back 07-22-2014 09:51 AM

Just watch the Australian market the night before (LNGAX) and you will have a pretty good idea of what (LNGLF) will do the following day. I bought in @ .30 a share and I am still holding. This is more of a lottery ticket then anything. I would say it is all speculation but they did make the cut on the "accepted for review" list for FERC approval. They have some major players on board and have hired some very experienced personnel for the BOED phase. I am being told that if everything pans out, this stock should plateau around the $4 (maybe even closer to $5) per share mark per their current production capacity numbers. Everything as of now has been looking good, I have read multiple letters of recommendation from senators/congressman and large organizations that are all in favor of construction. The only organization against this is LNG Trunkline (or BG now) and the Sierra club.

hadabite 07-22-2014 10:01 AM

If construction happens and is complete and the company is successful, this stock will be well over $4 or $5

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Purple Back 07-22-2014 10:07 AM

Possibly so, but my money won't stay in that long. According to all the big name investors that I've heard speak on the subject, per Magnolia's expected capacity, the company's stock value is estimated to be around $5.

Purple Back 07-22-2014 10:34 AM

Projected capacity at max design rates is about 8mtpa that considering all four trains are constructed. What's important to remember is that 75% of this company will be owned by investors. Per expected long term contracts based on 25% capacity proceeds you can calculate profit vs cost for O&M. The gas purchase price rises do not play a factor do the contract terms, which will state a fixed difference for profit. There is also a presentation out there, it may prove otherwise, I have not read it yet. See link http://www.lnglimited.com.au/IRM/Com...orPresentation

Something to keep in mind: Originally the parent Company was planning to build this same facility in Australia (Fishermans Warf) and their competition bought the rights from the Company that was going to be their supplier. Since then Magnolia has decided to build the facility here. But, I am being told that they still might move forward with building the facility in Australia and have filed for an extension. This facility will be identical as the Magnolia facility and if both were to be built then you could expect the stock price to double from $5 per share to $10 or $12 per share.

One other note: I find it weird that Fishermans Warf only filed for a 3 month extension. This may indicate that they have another supplier already locked up. I also believe that the filing of this extension is what has been driving the stock price up recently.

Just my $.02. Take it for what its worth.