SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   NcStar (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48052)

iron man 09-22-2013 01:31 AM

NcStar

Anyone ever heard of The optics company NcStar? Found a 4x32 scope that looks very nice on cheaperthandirt.com (great site) that I'm thinking about buying for my AR.

Anyone ever heard of them or seen this scope?

iron man 09-22-2013 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't add a pic

I make oil 09-22-2013 04:37 AM

Lower end optics. Made in China. As in most thngs you get what you pay for.

duckman1911 09-22-2013 08:00 AM

Had one and it developed problems early on. Returned it to Midway and replaced it with a Sightmark scope. Very happy with the Sightmark.

Hopedale Hustler 09-22-2013 09:42 AM

Dont buy anything from cheaper than dirt...they are not a good company and they sold us (2nd ammendment supporters) out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mcjaredsandwich 09-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 629518)
Dont buy anything from cheaper than dirt...they are not a good company and they sold us (2nd ammendment supporters) out.

Shouldn't buy anything from academy, Wal-Mart, ****s sporting goods, bass pro shops, etc. if that's a reason to not shop at CTD. Stopped selling bushmasters after the school shooting. Academy limited ammo.

If you can find a good deal on something you need, get it.

duckman1911 09-22-2013 10:09 AM

From what I've read in a few different places the reason CTD stopped online firearm sales after the school shooting had noting to do with politics or political correctness. It was merely a logistics problem for them. There servers were unable to handle the massive onslaught of firearms orders that were pouring in. Can I say that's the whole truth? No. Have just read little tidbits about it in various articles. Take it for what its worth to you. J

iron man 09-22-2013 10:22 AM

So. Buy once cry once? I only said great sight because I've ordered from them before and one was a wrong item that they replaced within 5 days.

duckman1911 09-22-2013 10:37 AM

They are good people to deal with. I bought a 1x6 Firefield scope for my AR and I love it man. Will post a pic for you.

duckman1911 09-22-2013 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1x6x24. Illuminated mil-dot reticle. Target turrets that have really positive adjustments. The best thing is that its a 1st focal plain scope. Designed to be used with both eyes open like a tactical scope. 1st focal plain is great because my son is lefty and im righty and it shoots same point of impact for both of us. With a regular scope we cannot shoot the same rifle. Point of impact varies about four inches for us. I kinda dig their moto too.lol

Hopedale Hustler 09-22-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 629521)
Shouldn't buy anything from academy, Wal-Mart, ****s sporting goods, bass pro shops, etc. if that's a reason to not shop at CTD. Stopped selling bushmasters after the school shooting. Academy limited ammo.

If you can find a good deal on something you need, get it.

Need to do more research on what CTD did then cause the reasons im speaking of have nothing to do with them stopping the sale if firearms.

iron man 09-22-2013 11:34 AM

Alright also narrowed it to this bushnell

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell...dot-sight.html

mcjaredsandwich 09-22-2013 11:36 AM

ahh. gun control bill support as well as jacked up prices. I thought they just suspended firearm sales and that was it.

duckman1911 09-22-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron man (Post 629537)
Alright also narrowed it to this bushnell

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell...dot-sight.html

That's a nice looking piece. Do you hunt with your AR or just use it for defense and plinking?

iron man 09-22-2013 02:22 PM

Mostly plinking but if I had to use it for defense I'd want to be able to see my flip up sights as well in case the scope fails.

And when the next civil war happens, I'll be ready with a AR.

duckman1911 09-22-2013 02:50 PM

This is very true. Batteries always seem to die at the worst possible times. Had to remove my flip up sights to mount the scope in the pic. Saw a scope base that also had a rail on each side of the receiver at a 45 degree angle. Guy had a low powered scope on top a tac. light on the left rail and iron sights on the right rail. He could go from scope to iron sights just by tilting the gun a bit to the side. Was pretty nice. I think I want one.lol

iron man 09-22-2013 05:26 PM

Yeah I might get something like that in the future.

Hopedale Hustler 09-25-2013 08:14 AM

Dude I'd go a little better quality with what's coming...even if you have to save a month or two...buy Troy flip up bu sights and Burris or eotech optics they ain't too expensive but still awesome quality u can get a used eo tech 512 all day for 300-350 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

iron man 09-25-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 630415)
Dude I'd go a little better quality with what's coming...even if you have to save a month or two...buy Troy flip up bu sights and Burris or eotech optics they ain't too expensive but still awesome quality u can get a used eo tech 512 all day for 300-350 bucks

Got the flip up sights already. I just don't wanna be close enough to use them lol. I like the ACOG style, sunhood, short and stout.

Hopedale Hustler 09-26-2013 04:48 PM

What kinda flip ups? And I love the Acog too but it's a smooth g at least...a Burris 332 I believe it is is a great alternative don't look as good but it's a good optic I got one and I got a eotech on my other ar...I have a aimpoint pro too that I was using I put it on my ar pistol sometimes it's a good option too just no magnification