SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   and They do it again (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38359)

"W" 11-16-2012 09:15 AM

and They do it again

Union kills 600 plus more Jobs !!!

NO More Ding Dongs

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,3175964.story

Most Famous sign from Unions

CLOSED

Shoalwater Cat 11-16-2012 09:24 AM

Try 18k jobs.. Closing down completely..

No more wonderbread either..

"W" 11-16-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoalwater Cat (Post 517571)
Try 18k jobs.. Closing down completely..

No more wonderbread either..

This is what Unions are famous for!!!!

flounder_smacker 11-16-2012 09:26 AM

The hell with ding dongs. What am I going to do for my damn twinkies?

Spunt Drag 11-16-2012 09:31 AM

An old ironworker told me one time, "I've been doing this for 40 years, and never made anybody any money."

"W" 11-16-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder_smacker (Post 517575)
The hell with ding dongs. What am I going to do for my damn twinkies?

Ebay ... Collector items

Matt G 11-16-2012 09:47 AM

I saw this this morning and was waiting to see a thread on here. I am freaking tired of people's "business and rich people are evil" crap! They give you a job and a means to support your family. What else do you want them to give you?! My boss probably makes 4 times what I do, but he worked to get to the top. He deserves it!! When I see him everyday, I don't scream at him to give me more, I thank him for what he as already given me.

Why not make a few concessions, keep your job, and let the company become financially sound again. I promise when they would get back on the right path, they would recognize what their employees did for them and pay it forward.

Good luck trying to find a job with 18,000 more unemployed people. And not to mention the fact that your name would be associated with the Union that killed an American icon.

jdm4x43732 11-16-2012 09:49 AM

Union = Salty Cajun Taboo.............
Unions gonna close the thread..............

southern151 11-16-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 517586)
I saw this this morning and was waiting to see a thread on here. I am freaking tired of people's "business and rich people are evil" crap! They give you a job and a means to support your family. What else do you want them to give you?! My boss probably makes 4 times what I do, but he worked to get to the top. He deserves it!! When I see him everyday, I don't scream at him to give me more, I thank him for what he as already given me.

Why not make a few concessions, keep your job, and let the company become financially sound again. I promise when they would get back on the right path, they would recognize what their employees did for them and pay it forward.

Good luck trying to find a job with 18,000 more unemployed people. And not to mention the fact that your name would be associated with the Union that killed an American icon.

This!!!^^^^ What many 99%'s and, sometimes unions fail to realize is that when their day is done on the job, they go home and don't worry about P&L statements, whether or not the business ins premiums spike or, if the light bill will get paid. Most owners take a huge risk by becoming an owner...It's called everything they own! I think, for sticking your neck out there on the line, you should be rewarded more than the guy who comes in at 8am already asking if it's close enough to 5pm to knock off. Business owners aren't evil. They support a lot of people...Until people get greedy. In short, if I can't make money operating my business, what's the point of mortgaging everything I own on it?

"W" 11-16-2012 09:58 AM

Union is nothing more than unorginzed work.... Greedy

Don't like boss or pay.. Strike !!

Now you have 18k out of a job and 100% unions falut

"W" 11-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 (Post 517589)
Union = Salty Cajun Taboo.............
Unions gonna close the thread..............

truth hurts !!! But can't hide facts

ckinchen 11-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Well said.

Top Dawg 11-16-2012 10:08 AM

But but but Obama promised to save the unions...

SULPHITE 11-16-2012 10:14 AM

read into this a little hostess didn't exactly run the business very well...not backing unions here but some blames goes to management.

jdm4x43732 11-16-2012 10:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone else watch Zombie Land? The end is near, double tap and check the back seat gentlemen.

Attachment 42854
Attachment 42856
Attachment 42855

2ndamendment 11-16-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 517592)
This!!!^^^^ What many 99%'s and, sometimes unions fail to realize is that when their day is done on the job, they go home and don't worry about P&L statements, whether or not the business ins premiums spike or, if the light bill will get paid. Most owners take a huge risk by becoming an owner...It's called everything they own! I think, for sticking your neck out there on the line, you should be rewarded more than the guy who comes in at 8am already asking if it's close enough to 5pm to knock off. Business owners aren't evil. They support a lot of people...Until people get greedy. In short, if I can't make money operating my business, what's the point of mortgaging everything I own on it?

Well Said Southern....you speak from experience.

PBJ 11-16-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

In 2008 when the stock market crashed our company did not give us our yearly raise because they did not know how bad the recession would be. Everybody understood the situation and nobody had problems with it (we are non-union). Since the recovery of the economy and the fall out of natural gas prices, our company is making record quarterly profits and we never got that yearly raise we missed.......

mcjaredsandwich 11-16-2012 12:05 PM

Twinkie Bailout!!!

Lake Chuck Duck 11-16-2012 12:13 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30323665.jpg

2ndamendment 11-16-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lake chuck duck (Post 517677)

you did not build that twinkie