SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saints (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62338)

biggun 11-16-2015 08:07 PM

Saints

Just in...

Sean Payton says on WWL Radio that the ‪#‎Saints‬ have let Rob Ryan go. Dennis Allen will now serve as defensive coordinator...

swampman46 11-16-2015 08:37 PM

Sean Peyton needs to look himself in the mirror. Next head to roll should be Sean Peyton himself. IMO he is solely responsible for the continuous downfall of the Saints. Since the SB win, he started releasing key players year after year. The offense used to be a well oiled machine during that SB year. Today's offense is totally out of sinc. You cannot constantly get rid of offensive players like that, and expect things to continue clicking.

mriguy 11-16-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 779052)
Sean Peyton needs to look himself in the mirror. Next head to roll should be Sean Peyton himself. IMO he is solely responsible for the continuous downfall of the Saints. Since the SB win, he started releasing key players year after year. The offense used to be a well oiled machine during that SB year. Today's offense is totally out of sinc. You cannot constantly get rid of offensive players like that, and expect things to continue clicking.

Was it Peyton or GM Loomis who made these decisions?

ddear 11-16-2015 09:04 PM

They may not always make it look pretty but the offense has put up big number this year in most the games but our defense has allowed the other teams to do the same.. glad to see some change

cajun bill 11-16-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggun (Post 779048)
Just in...

Sean Payton says on WWL Radio that the ‪#‎Saints‬ have let Rob Ryan go. Dennis Allen will now serve as defensive coordinator...

Wasn't Ryan fired from Dallas when N.O. picked him up?

swampman46 11-16-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddear (Post 779057)
They may not always make it look pretty but the offense has put up big number this year in most the games but our defense has allowed the other teams to do the same.. glad to see some change

Big numbers? Really? Maybe you should look at the average points per game this year. Except for a couple of games-dismal. The defense is horrible I admit. But lack of offense has also been a problam this year. Breez is killing himself trying to get something going-kind of hard when he doesn't have pass protection.

swampman46 11-16-2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriguy (Post 779056)
Was it Peyton or GM Loomis who made these decisions?

I can't see Loomis making decisions like that on his own. Peyton could oppose.

ddear 11-16-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 779068)
Big numbers? Really? Maybe you should look at the average points per game this year. Except for a couple of games-dismal. The defense is horrible I admit. But lack of offense has also been a problam this year. Breez is killing himself trying to get something going-kind of hard when he doesn't have pass protection.

Maybe big wasthe wrong word but definitely winning numbers. Average just over 25ppg (#7 in league) which dont seem to bad to me.. but yes I do agree with you that offensive line definitely needs to tighten up and get brees some more time.

"W" 11-16-2015 11:21 PM

LSU loses and everyone Fire Les Miles

Saints Lose and its fire everyone but Sean Peyton

Nickt87 11-17-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

When that defensive linemen got cut a while back and blasted the whole team and aired all the dirty laundry he said some harsh things about Peyton and what's really going on. Many people were up in arms about it and offended, but everyone really knows, where there's smoke there's fire.

swamp snorkler 11-17-2015 07:03 AM

Quote:

Happens to every team unless they named the Patriots.

swamp snorkler 11-17-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 779068)

No. 3 in the league in yards
No. 7 in the league in scoring

It's not a lack of Offense.

swampman46 11-17-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 779080)
No. 3 in the league in yards
No. 7 in the league in scoring

It's not a lack of Offense.

#3 in yards means nothing. All that's saying is your team is moving the ball...but dying in the red zone. Or turning the ball over.
All I'm saying is there is both an offensive problem as well as a very apparent defensive one.
I think Saints management is probably in love with Sean Peyton, and that will cloud their judgement.

LadyFishKiller 11-17-2015 09:05 AM

Rob Ryan's teams when he's Defensive Coordinator since 2004 have a combined win pct of .366 (68-118). His teams finished over 500 once. Rob Ryan is the reason the defense has sucked and the reason the team has sucked.

keakar 11-17-2015 09:25 AM

bye bye santa clause, you never should have been hired, and now your fired, so maybe now this team can have a decent defense. yes the players you have suck, but these are the players YOU wanted and YOU chose to keep, so its on you, not them. im sure most of the defense may be gone now because rob chose to get rid of a solid core of good defensive players to fit HIS defensive scheme which is to hope the other team gets tired of scoring points. so now the rebuilding begins and we have to go out and find good players to replace those ryan didnt want to keep on this team

"W" 11-17-2015 09:41 AM

Sean Peyton is the problem but I hope Yall keep him 10 more years

I love seeing Aints 8-8 or under .500

meaux fishing 11-17-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keakar (Post 779090)
bye bye santa clause, you never should have been hired, and now your fired, so maybe now this team can have a decent defense. yes the players you have suck, but these are the players YOU wanted and YOU chose to keep, so its on you, not them. im sure most of the defense may be gone now because rob chose to get rid of a solid core of good defensive players to fit HIS defensive scheme which is to hope the other team gets tired of scoring points. so now the rebuilding begins and we have to go out and find good players to replace those ryan didnt want to keep on this team

Plenty of good players on the team, just arent being used right.

all star rod 11-17-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 779091)
Sean Peyton is the problem but I hope Yall keep him 10 more years

I love seeing Aints 8-8 or under .500

If only the Saints can hire the Bears coach when he fired soon.

kcinnick 11-17-2015 10:57 AM

The Saints are paying more in cap space to defensive players not playing than the starting 11. There was no way to keep offensive players who had huge numbers because they had an elite QB who could drop the ball on their hands even when they were not open. Scoring 25ppg should get you better than a 4-6 record. It is a miracle they won against the giants, and well, the past two weeks have been embarrassing.

Drew will either take a pay cut or will be playing somewhere else next year. Payton isn't a bad coach, he just needs to get a clean slate on defense. Without injury, we have a good offensive line, with a single replacement we could have a great offensive line. I don't see Payton letting an elite defensive coordinator come in and let him select his coaches.

The Saints have had some bad breaks this year, and officiating has been horrendous this year. The NFL just yesterday admitted that the outcome of the Ravens-Jags game was WRONG due to poor officiating. NFL is truly turning into the No Fun League with officials being flag happy for phantom penalties and missing blatant calls.

swamp snorkler 11-17-2015 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=kcinnick;779105]The Saints are paying more in cap space to defensive players not playing than the starting 11. There was no way to keep offensive players who had huge numbers because they had an elite QB who could drop the ball on their hands even when they were not open. Scoring 25ppg should get you better than a 4-6 record. It is a miracle they won against the giants, and well, the past two weeks have been embarrassing.

Drew will either take a pay cut or will be playing somewhere else next year. Payton isn't a bad coach, he just needs to get a clean slate on defense. Without injury, we have a good offensive line, with a single replacement we could have a great offensive line. I don't see Payton letting an elite defensive coordinator come in and let him select his coaches.

The Saints have had some bad breaks this year, and officiating has been horrendous this year. The NFL just yesterday admitted that the outcome of the Ravens-Jags game was WRONG due to poor officiating. NFL is truly turning into the No Fun League with officials being flag happy for phantom penalties and missing blatant calls.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. There's been a bunch of bull**** calls this years. I wouldn't want to attempt to play DB in this league, can't hardly touch a WR without getting a flag and yet The Offense can run rub routes all day and nothing gets called on the offense.