SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Big Lake Tomorrow (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51363)

speck-addict 02-17-2014 08:59 PM

Big Lake Tomorrow

Heading to Big Lake tomorrow (2-18-14) afternoon any reports? trying to find some reds possible specks...will post report tomorrow. Thanks for any help.

mallardhead 02-17-2014 09:37 PM

If you looking for reds fish the pipe gates behind the weirs fish outgoing tide they are thick rite now had 3 man limit yesterday in about 15 minutes

ThePinkBanana 02-17-2014 09:54 PM

Behind weirs is best bet. Afternoon will be very windy. Only trout bite is in early AM when wind is slack. I'll be wading tomorrow AM

speck-addict 02-17-2014 10:24 PM

Thank you, so theres no real trout bite in afternoon...damn. But i will try out side the weirs i don't want to go back there in a fiberglass boat, not that brave! LOL.
Good Luck in the AM Brandon

Clampy 02-17-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 666277)
Thank you, so theres no real trout bite in afternoon...damn. But i will try out side the weirs i don't want to go back there in a fiberglass boat, not that brave! LOL.

How big is your boat? I've seen haynies back there ;).
I've personally fit a 2110 nautic back there no prob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speck-addict 02-17-2014 11:27 PM

22.5 Epic Center Console... I put my old boat (18 Ft ranger Bass Boat) back there multiple times last year but new boat and a 100" front beam has me hesitant.

KDM 02-17-2014 11:57 PM

I run a 24' bluewave behind the weirs. No problem getting in and out

alphaman 02-18-2014 01:50 AM

It's to risky for me. I attempted to go in when i had my 17ft boat 1 time! I chickened out threw it in reverse lol! The water was rushing inside the weir. Definitely Not going in my new boat.:cool:

Ive heard that a few people have busted holes or tore up the side of their fiber glass boat trying to get back there :eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Clampy 02-18-2014 06:43 AM

Just gotta stay on it. I haven't taken my new boat back there but I prolly would. 99" beam.

alphaman 02-18-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 666293)
Just gotta stay on it. I haven't taken my new boat back there but I prolly would. 99" beam.

If I had rubber rub rails, I would, but we have that chrome rub rail, I just cant. Lol

I scrapped mine pretty good on there weir in vbay. Not a good sound to hear, metal on metal!

Let me know how u do when u go threw there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Clampy 02-18-2014 08:51 AM

Chrome don't get you home

specktator 02-18-2014 09:22 AM

You couldn't pay me to pass a brand new bay boat through them weirs. A redfish is not that important.

grizzon30s 02-18-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 666285)
22.5 Epic Center Console... I put my old boat (18 Ft ranger Bass Boat) back there multiple times last year but new boat and a 100" front beam has me hesitant.

Sorry to hijack this thread but, how do you like that epic?

meaux fishing 02-18-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 666314)
You couldn't pay me to pass a brand new bay boat through them weirs. A redfish is not that important.

my thoughts exactly... I went through there in my old kenner, but I havent even thought about going through in the triton. 102" beam and 120" opening, no thanks

speck-addict 02-18-2014 11:42 AM

Yes it's very risky not a lot of room to play and I don't want to mess up a brand new boat. Not gonna try. Worse comes to worse tight line the outside of the weirs.

As far as the boat goes, it is by far one of the best all around boats I've fished in. Can handle it's own in rough water and it doesn't get wind blown much. I got a 175 behind it could have gone bigger but I am very satisfied with the way the boat handles. Have no complaints! I strongly recommend the boat to whoever is looking for a bay or outside the pass boat. Very well priced for everything you are getting!

specktator 02-18-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 666277)

Last 2 trips I have been on the past 2 Sundays I have done very well on trout in the afternoons.

That EPIC boat you have is it Red? I was checking one out Keith and them were working on at Superior the other day. Thing was sweet!

speck-addict 02-18-2014 05:49 PM

Wind was kicking today poor day fishing. Had to call it quits early cause of engine trouble. Big thanks to the Sheriff lol.

My boat is blue with a white Suzuki 175 4 stroke . If you ever see me come say hey. Your more then welcome to check it out.

specktator 02-18-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 666422)
Wind was kicking today poor day fishing. Had to call it quits early cause of engine trouble. Big thanks to the Sheriff lol.

My boat is blue with a white Suzuki 175 4 stroke . If you ever see me come say hey. Your more then welcome to check it out.

He's towed me in a few times over the years.

I figured it would have been dead calm on the lake this am with all that fog.

ChrisD 02-18-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 666422)

I was wearing the yellow shirt was doing a patrol with Donnie Royer and Donnie said *** are these guys doing fishing in the middle of the ship channel... I said I don't think there fishing.. Nice looking boat! Glad we could assist!

PaulMyers 02-18-2014 06:35 PM

ChrisD, I bet you've seen stranger things then people fishing the middle of the ship channel.