SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Happen to Country Music? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217)

"W" 06-27-2009 08:01 PM

What Happen to Country Music?
 
3 Attachment(s)
Whats up with the long hair and ear rings in Country Music today? Where are the good old boys at?....Is this where Country Music is heading?

speckdaddy 06-27-2009 08:06 PM

looks like it, aint country no more,just country pop

huntin fool 06-27-2009 08:44 PM

ive never heard of the bottem 2...

what ever happen to old hank :(

catch_and_release 06-27-2009 09:33 PM

Country Music
 
I can't even begin to describe how much I hate Country Music. I don't even like the older stuff, but the older stuff is a hell of a-lot better then what's playing now.

Austin(boatman's son) 06-27-2009 09:37 PM

or george strait,

Big Lake Blondie 06-27-2009 10:10 PM

I like Rascal Flatts, but they ain't Merle or Hank...:spineyes:

SULPHITE 06-28-2009 12:36 AM

rascal flatts = gay

huntin fool 06-28-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 19266)
rascal flatts = gay


three muskaqueers

matt wahl 06-28-2009 12:49 PM

I like rascal flatts music... to each his own. I dont know bout the other two tho.

dbarham 06-28-2009 02:36 PM

those fags aint country!

Big Lake Blondie 06-28-2009 03:43 PM

they are "alternative country"...That should be their listing...:spineyes:

Hebert 06-28-2009 05:44 PM

country music is gone...all that is left is pop/rock singers who sing with fake twangs.

matt wahl 06-28-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarham (Post 19436)
those fags aint country!

I agree they aint real country... They should make a new genre for these type of bands.

southern151 06-28-2009 09:17 PM

Zakk Brown Band...Check em out! They are probably the only real hope that country music has left. They got some pretty cool stuff goin on with their music.

RaginCagin 06-29-2009 07:48 AM

Jamey Johnson is the best in the busisness right now. He is a cross between Waylon and Dave Coe. Listen to him on you tube he is a throw back to the old days.

Big Kahunaz 06-29-2009 10:34 PM

I second that W. I used to like country but now it's just a bunch of city boys filling up the country music industry. There ain't one left that grew up on a farm or even rode a horse. I do like Toby Keith though. I got to meet him and Dave ( his buddy in the song I ain't as good as i once was" at La Hacienda Mexican restaurant in San Antonio off 1604 loop. If you guys ever make it that far west its worth a stop...Eva Longoria is always in there! Brad Paisleys song hit the nail on the head where he sings about guys getting highlights, earrings, plucked eyebrows etc.

Hebert 07-05-2009 01:23 AM

went out to Pier Park tonight to watch the fireworks...then we stopped by Tootsies to have a few cold ones and listen to some music....there was a crappy country band playing some new country covers....then in walks the ole boy from Beaumont.. Marc Chesnutt! and sings 5 songs, 2 hank, 2 conway and then one of his own..."too cold at home"...was kick azz! told my gf..."now THATS REAL COUNTRY!"..heres a couple pics...

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3687/0704092152.jpghttp://img48.imageshack.us/img48/517/0704092153.jpghttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3604/0704092153a.jpg

LaAngler 07-05-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz (Post 20052)
at La Hacienda Mexican restaurant in San Antonio off 1604 loop. If you guys ever make it that far west its worth a stop...Eva Longoria is always in there!


best mexican food i have ever had if i remember correctly....the place i went to was somewhere up hwy 281 north and off the beaten path, had some outdoor tables under a huge tree from what i remember.....

dbarham 07-05-2009 08:51 AM

Jamey Johnson for me

Capt. Ryan Rachunek 07-05-2009 08:59 AM

Drive by Truckers or Widespread Panic..... Not exactly country, but definitely worth a listen.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted