SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   mclain trailer problems (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14637)

longcast 11-04-2010 04:59 PM

mclain trailer problems

4 Attachment(s)
well guys i am having a problem with mclain trailers. my boat was bought 18 months ago. i needed some fiberglass work done and ken over at aaa fiberglass noticed that there was some bad wearing at the back of the boat where the boat sits on the trailer.i called texas marine and sent them pics.they said there was a issue but it was mclains peoblem.i then call mclain and talk to a real *****.i was told i would have to bring the trailer to houston so he could look at it.***.i live in sw louisiana and would have to take a day off to bring the trailer plus the hundred bucks in fuel.i asked if i could send pics but he would not have it. he tells me sir your warranty is up.yea i know this but i dont think its a warranty issue.this is a defect that i want fixed.he asked me where the wearing was occuring and i tell him in the back.he says hmm thats weird.this is going to piss me off if i have to miss work and school just to be told im fk and turn arround and tow it to texas marine.someone is going to fix this are the ****s gonna get deep:pissed:

supercajun 11-04-2010 05:29 PM

just move your bunk board over a inch. whats holding it on the bracket just a couple bolts? i wouldnt say is mclains fault but more of the dealership for not setting up the bunks right.

longcast 11-04-2010 05:37 PM

That's cool but I want the Fiberglas fixed. I just paid 700 to fix the scuff I did to it. I think it's pointless to drive to h town to have to bring it back to Beaumont to get the boat repaired. I doubt McLain fixes Fiberglas.

longcast 11-04-2010 05:39 PM

Btw thanks supercajun.

Ray 11-04-2010 06:31 PM

Look up on their site and see if they have a repair rep. in the Lake Charles/Beaumont area.
Clarks Spring Service in Sulphur is a factory repair shop for several trailer companies, or they were at one time. But they won't fix the gelcoat issue. Just the trailer.
I'm gonna look at mine when I get home. But I have a Magic Tilt.

shellman 11-04-2010 06:39 PM

Ther is a McClain trailer place in Baton Rouge...good luck....

supercajun 11-04-2010 07:58 PM

yeah you might have to get in touch with nauticstar as most boats leave the factory with a matching trailer even if mcalin built the trailer wrong nautic star shouldnt have let it go out the door set up wrong.

longcast 11-04-2010 08:14 PM

I will be on the phone with them in the am. Thanks guys.

jchief 11-04-2010 08:27 PM

Having problems with my Mclain also.

Opinions_Vary 11-05-2010 08:09 AM

I have a Mako 191, love my boat but the trailer that it came with is a piece of crap. Bolts on the disk brake brakets backed out and screwed up the calipers. I've had to re-carpet 2 bunks and one fender guard and my boat is an '07.