SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wanton Waste (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17668)

Raymond 04-07-2011 10:05 AM

Wanton Waste
 
1 Attachment(s)
I needed to vent after seeing this yesterday when I pulled up to one of my training fields off Nelson Rd. Some yackazz was too lazy to clean his fish and too stupid to offer them to someone at the landing. 5 trout and one redfish were just thrown away along with their ice bag to rott!:pissed: If you read this, you are very lucky I did not see it happen since I don't think they have internet in CPJ.

longcast 04-07-2011 10:15 AM

***.

Finfeatherfur 04-07-2011 10:15 AM

Aint that some SHAT! Thanks for posting this Raymond and if they are a user of this forum, hopefully they will hang their head in shame. Either catch and release or give them away to someone that will eat them.

Raymond 04-07-2011 10:18 AM

I am going to bring a shovel and bury them because they are already starting to stink and the dogs are trying to roll them!:pissed:

"W" 04-07-2011 10:21 AM

Thats just a Lazy Bastard.......From what his catch is and how he supports it...You can tell he is 100% Pilgrim

SULPHITE 04-07-2011 10:21 AM

that right there pisses me off...

SULPHITE 04-07-2011 10:22 AM

yeah lets raise the the limits too...so some jackass can throw it in a field...

LaAngler 04-07-2011 10:24 AM

probably just forgot he was low on ice

Finfeatherfur 04-07-2011 10:28 AM

Well, so I don't come off all high & mighty, I need to come clean here. I did catch a mess of fish a few summers ago and get all messed up on whiskey that night, so I decided to clean the fish the next day. Too bad, by the time I got out of my drunken stupor at 10 the next morning, they were swollen in the ice chest and the water was warm to the touch. Instead of cleaning them, I used them to bait some crab traps at the camp and then used the crabs for a big boil that night. I was not expecting them to spoil in an ice chest, but with temps in the upper 80's at night, I was wrong.

meaux fishing 04-07-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 242197)
Well, so I don't come off all high & mighty, I need to come clean here. I did catch a mess of fish a few summers ago and get all messed up on whiskey that night, so I decided to clean the fish the next day. Too bad, by the time I got out of my drunken stupor at 10 the next morning, they were swollen in the ice chest and the water was warm to the touch. Instead of cleaning them, I used them to bait some crab traps at the camp and then used the crabs for a big boil that night. I was not expecting them to spoil in an ice chest, but with temps in the upper 80's at night, I was wrong.

thats why you need a yeti... you can always count on there being ice in the morning

Shawn Braquet 04-07-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 242198)
thats why you need a yeti... you can always count on there being ice in the morning

and you won't have a a bear problem!!:smokin::smokin:

meaux fishing 04-07-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 242182)
I needed to vent after seeing this yesterday when I pulled up to one of my training fields off Nelson Rd. Some yackazz was too lazy to clean his fish and too stupid to offer them to someone at the landing. 5 trout and one redfish were just thrown away along with their ice bag to rott!:pissed: If you read this, you are very lucky I did not see it happen since I don't think they have internet in CPJ.

I dont even understand why you would do that:confused: if you dont feel like cleaning em you can always put more ice on em or dont keep em at all. I know a bunch of people who would take em off my hands too at a moments notice

Raymond 04-07-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 242197)
Well, so I don't come off all high & mighty, I need to come clean here. I did catch a mess of fish a few summers ago and get all messed up on whiskey that night, so I decided to clean the fish the next day. Too bad, by the time I got out of my drunken stupor at 10 the next morning, they were swollen in the ice chest and the water was warm to the touch. Instead of cleaning them, I used them to bait some crab traps at the camp and then used the crabs for a big boil that night. I was not expecting them to spoil in an ice chest, but with temps in the upper 80's at night, I was wrong.

Not an issue with me, I have a freezer full of spoonbills that I use to train dogs with. Those fish did not go to waste and my spoonbills are not being wasted either. I gotta a call into CSI Miami and they should be able to trace the truck by the tire print and narrow it down to catch these punks.

southern151 04-07-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 242200)
and you won't have a a bear problem!!:smokin::smokin:

:*****::*****::*****:

As for the fish, that's just WRONG! I've never hit a landing that there wasn't someone there willing to take some fish home!:pissed:

Finfeatherfur 04-07-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 242198)
thats why you need a yeti... you can always count on there being ice in the morning

Got my first one being delivered in about another week! Took delivery of the 155qt for the Contender last week and it is already in that boat with the cushion top. My 65qt was on backorder.

meaux fishing 04-07-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 242204)
Got my first one being delivered in about another week! Took delivery of the 155qt for the Contender last week and it is already in that boat with the cushion top. My 65qt was on backorder.

:eek: bet that thing weighs a ton... hope you dont plan on taking it out of the boat full of fish


sorry for the hijack Raymond...;)

cmdrost 04-07-2011 10:58 AM

No worries Fin....you had good intentions to clean yours. This guy didn't :pissed:

Throw em back or give em away at the launch. This chaps my azz!

PS - I'd be willing to bet this guy didn't even have a fishing license

LaAngler 04-07-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 242217)
PS - I'd be willing to bet this guy didn't even have a fishing license

he isn't alone, lot of texans dont

Ray 04-07-2011 12:10 PM

Man, I am gonna die from eating too many fish before I do that.

If I don't want to clean fish, I throw them back to catch again, or offer them to someone else.

I love eatin fishes. A lot.

SaltyShaw 04-07-2011 12:18 PM

Not cool at all..........


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted