SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Marine Sound (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17749)

Raymond 04-11-2011 11:18 AM

Marine Sound
 
Need input on getting some sound installed in my boat. Can I install speakers,small amp, and an I-Pod docking station? Never listen to the radio and don't want a cluttered boat since it is an open tunnel.

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-11-2011 11:29 AM

Jl amp and marine speakers. And I think alpine makes a marine head unit that you can put your iPod inside and it is completely waterproof

SaltyShaw 04-11-2011 11:36 AM

I saw dat thing kinda snazzy! JL gets pricey but it sure is some good quality!

joshdomingue 04-11-2011 11:37 AM

I would think you could get the stuff they make the ipod tubes for atv's with .... those things a loud !!!!

SaltyShaw 04-11-2011 11:43 AM

I built an ice chest radio once and all I did was ran an off/on switch for a 300 watt amp and put two 6" speakers. I just got a wire that has your two RCAs then it goes into a iPod plug at the end and control the volume off the iPod and it JAMS you could do something like that, cheap and easy

meathauler 04-11-2011 11:48 AM

Do what Shaw said. Put a devider for fishes on one side and jam on the other. You dont have to worry about much room for the fish side.:*****:

booyagasha 04-11-2011 11:57 AM

i would opt for the amp, and 4 speakers of whatever your choice(i would choose jl, mbquart, fusion)
i plan on putting sound in my 18.5 cc, but every boat i've been on, whether cheap/expensive, car/boat, radios all skip ,
even on mp3 discs....i would get the amp , and run the four speakers off the amp and have this plug
from your ipod/smartphone to the amphttp://www.rueducommerce.fr/hifi/ima...fo/xl/HRCA.jpg

keeps the install process soooo much simpler, and music quality is unmatchable compared to a cd/radio, no skips, and
more than likley you will preserve the life of your speakers by properly wiring them with right impediances----where if you ran
off your deck, you wouldn't be porperly powering your speakers plus the ohmagge is probably off. 2 channel and 4 channels
amps are pretty cheap, probably the same amount you'd pay for a cd player. just my 2 cents.plus i'll take the
equalizer/crossovers on an amp (and via smartphone)over a cd player ANY day

something like this
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23849596/speaker%20wiriing.jpg

Bluechip 04-11-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meathauler (Post 243316)
Do what Shaw said. Put a devider for fishes on one side and jam on the other. You dont have to worry about much room for the fish side.:*****:

Lol....he wants to play some rap music to keep those garfish calm while there in his boat.

SaltyShaw 04-11-2011 12:17 PM

Yeh that's how it would be if there wasn't a radio in mine when I bought it!

cmdrost 04-11-2011 01:21 PM

yeah i'd put it small icechest and secure it down to your floor. That way you can take it off when not in use.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pictu...Q&ved=0CDMQsAQ
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...YrPZoEX-QNQRIM

cmdrost 04-11-2011 02:26 PM

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/cl...9360849546.jpg

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/cl...9416417960.jpg

SaltyShaw 04-11-2011 02:49 PM

I'll post a pic of mine it's a smaller marine ice chest

booyagasha 04-11-2011 04:27 PM

that looks good...i made one a few years back for the parade route...4 6x9's a deck and and amp, that shiz was loud....

is that a set of compnents in there with the crossovers? i got an extra set of car components, did you use car/marine speakers? how are they llasting"?
lastly..what are u using for power supply? is that a battery? i had everything hooked up and ran off a pos and neg gator clips...

SaltyShaw 04-11-2011 06:12 PM

This is the one I built it has a little bracket to hold your iPhone zune or what ever you likehttp://tapa.tk/mu/4aab71ae-8aa3-f090.jpghttp://tapa.tk/mu/4aab71ae-8aba-9e3c.jpg

bluewing 04-11-2011 08:18 PM

There is really no need to put an amp in a fishing boat, it will play plenty loud enough when running with 4 speakers. In my opinion it will just suck more juice out the battery's than what it's worth.

Montauk17 04-11-2011 09:49 PM

Check out the fusion decks. They have a built in ipod dock,and a built in amp. They are also sirius sat radio ready. I have installed a few in boats and they are top notch. http://www.fusionelectronics.com/mar...eries/MS-IP600

skeeter77346 04-12-2011 07:07 AM

Fusion, RA 200 will drive 2 JL 770 speakers, no amp, but lots of sound. You can connect your Iphone or I pod (need a USB IPhone connector) and stash your IPhone under the dash. Run everything from the head unit and pick artists, playlist, etc. ALSO, with the USB connector, your Iphone gets charged too.

SaltyShaw 04-12-2011 07:24 AM

Dat thing is pretty nice!! Same size as a normal head unit?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted