SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cow island ? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18239)

blackmamba 05-04-2011 02:04 PM

Cow island ?
 
I've never been to cow island but may go on Friday. I know the river is high enough but is it now too high?? also, how is the fishing in there when the river is rising. Thanks.

Montauk17 05-04-2011 07:28 PM

I would not go alone if you have never been. Getting over the weir to get into the lake can be dangerous with the river current. Rocks on the weir can tear up your boat and motor. I went about a month ago and it was not good. The lake is FULL of grass,very hard to fish. The only decent spot was by the old pipeline canal but we had to push pole to get to it there was so much grass. My uncle has been doing good in henderson on bass and sacalait,give that a shot.

blackmamba 05-04-2011 08:18 PM

Ok cool. Thanks man. We did well in Henderson on Good Friday so I may go there, or Rockefeller. You got any advice or tips around the Superior Canal..lol. Jk... You think the high river will affect fishing in Rockerfeller?

Montauk17 05-04-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmamba (Post 250026)
Ok cool. Thanks man. We did well in Henderson on Good Friday so I may go there, or Rockefeller. You got any advice or tips around the Superior Canal..lol. Jk... You think the high river will affect fishing in Rockerfeller?

No river system really messes with the rockefeller marsh,just local rains.

blackmamba 05-04-2011 08:52 PM

Thanks bro


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted