SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arkansas Timber hunting (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19506)

Super Spook 06-10-2011 11:07 AM

Arkansas Timber hunting

I am duck freak first and I have never seen this footage. I have seen this in person several times and when they do this in Timber it doesn't get any better. Thought I would share.

huntin fool 06-10-2011 11:16 AM

I'd take marsh hunting over it all.. There is no better feeling then watching a sunrise with teal cuttin' up into the spread.

But neat vid

iron man 06-10-2011 11:25 AM

I've seen this once with wood ducks one morning in the swamp that last 5 minutes. Nice video but I agree with Fool.

Super Spook 06-10-2011 11:28 AM

I have hunted Marsh all my life and loved every minute of it, but Mallards in Timber is on a different level in my opinion. If you have never done it put it on your list.

Love your Avatar by the way!

Montauk17 06-10-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Spook (Post 266190)
I have hunted Marsh all my life and loved every minute of it, but Mallards in Timber is on a different level in my opinion. If you have never done it put it on your list.

X2....I miss hunting the flooded timber in the basin,too many idiots out there now. I would like to make a hunt in arkansas in the timber one day.

iron man 06-10-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Spook (Post 266190)

It reminds me of a Haynie. I'm writing that down on my bucket list as soon as I finish typing this.

meaux fishing 06-10-2011 11:35 AM

Y'all obviously never been on a real flooded timber hunt.... Ain't nutin like seeing a group of 50 mallards funnel down through a hole in da trees. Talk about get your heart racing. Don't get me wrong I love to hunt the marsh but nothing "conpairs" to a Arkansas flooded timber hunt

joshdomingue 06-10-2011 11:44 AM

Never done it, but its been on the list for a while now!!

SULPHITE 06-10-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 266195)
Y'all obviously never been on a real flooded timber hunt.... Ain't nutin like seeing a group of 50 mallards funnel down through a hole in da trees. Talk about get your heart racing. Don't get me wrong I love to hunt the marsh but nothing "conpairs" to a Arkansas flooded timber hunt

mallard matt 06-10-2011 12:10 PM

Ive hunted the marsh and killed lots of blue bills grays and teal.But when you have wood ducks swarm like mosquitos then a group of big mallards fall strait out of the sky quacken there heads off and land right at your feet.You just cant beat hunting ducks in the cyprus.I even killed my first widgeon in a timber hole in opelousas last year.

DUCKGOGETTER 06-10-2011 12:29 PM

There's 4 places i will duck hunt in my life. Arkansas flooded timber, argentina, canada and i want to go hunt specklebellies in california. Ya'll just think we got specks here. A freind of mine has went to california and hunted specks and he said they're like blackbirds there.

DUCKGOGETTER 06-10-2011 12:31 PM

Man i got the fever already!!! Come on rain and come on september my trigger finger itches.

Shawn Braquet 06-10-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 266219)
There's 4 places i will duck hunt in my life. Arkansas flooded timber, argentina, canada and i want to go hunt specklebellies in california. Ya'll just think we got specks here. A freind of mine has went to california and hunted specks and he said they're like blackbirds there.

x2 on the canada trip for sure, had a uncle go and wow, always wanted to do a arkansas flooded timber hunt but have heard from quite a few people that it isn't what it was 10 years however still a good hunt

BayBolt23 06-10-2011 12:35 PM

Buckshot lodge in Gillet Ark. That place is the bomb! The duck commander & bill Jordan make a few hunts at this lodge. Awesome watching 30 to 50 mallards coming in cupped up

specksNdaSURF 06-10-2011 12:44 PM

wow nice

huntin fool 06-10-2011 12:46 PM

I have family in Stutgart, but I never have had the urge to go do it.

I'd rather sit, nestled in my marsh blind, watching the sunrise with my bestfriend by my side, watching teal ducks paper plate, or be in the field hunting specks.

I will go to Canada one day however.

Shawn Braquet 06-10-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 266229)
I have family in Stutgart, but I never have had the urge to go do it.

I'd rather sit, nestled in my marsh blind, watching the sunrise with my bestfriend by my side, watching teal ducks paper plate, or be in the field hunting specks.

I will go to Canada one day however.

aww geez thanks :rotfl: kinda sounds gay though just for the record

huntin fool 06-10-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 266232)
aww geez thanks :rotfl: kinda sounds gay though just for the record

:*****::*****::*****::*****::cry::cry::*****::lmfa o::*****:

I was referring to my benelli. But yea shawn, good point.

Shawn Braquet 06-10-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 266235)
:*****::*****::*****::*****::cry::cry::*****::lmfa o::*****:

I was referring to my benelli. But yea shawn, good point.

i'm goin to tell drake that you left him out, he'll prolly crapt on your jacket again:*****:

Montauk17 06-10-2011 12:51 PM

LOL