SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   need help! Wife wants to go crabbing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19982)

cricket 06-21-2011 08:01 PM

need help! Wife wants to go crabbing
 
Need any input on where the crabs are. I usually take them to the weirs but have to fight twenty boats. I really need a place just to take her and the kids and then go. if you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks guys.

"W" 06-21-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 273277)
Need any input on where the crabs are. I usually take them to the weirs but have to fight twenty boats. I really need a place just to take her and the kids and then go. if you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks guys.


just go behind the weirs and pick a spot n the bank

weedeater 06-21-2011 08:47 PM

alot of spots in Lake Charles or Prien Lake, the rocks just north of 2-10 bridge, south side salt water barrier, little island under 2-10. Pretty much if you are anywhere from Westfork on Cal River you can catch some.

meathauler 06-21-2011 08:49 PM

Second that. Just go through and take right then anchor. You will catch just fine. You cant go anywhere and catch crabs like around the Lake Charles area unless its a private marsh.

SaltyShaw 06-21-2011 08:53 PM

Go to Tha wiers tie up to the post drop lines collect crabs go home boil them and toss back a few cold ones

CrazyD 06-21-2011 09:18 PM

I agree on the island under 210 and the saltwater barrier. I usually go to the west cove landing south of hackberry get there before sun up to get your spot. There is a 5 dozen limit per vehicle. I usually have my limit in an hour and a half on five lines.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted