SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My New Truck!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23110)

biggun 09-11-2011 12:56 PM

My New Truck!!!
 
I just purchased this truck this week. 07 tundra w/ the 5.7 eng. I'm only getting 14 av. MPG so for.

Can anyone tell if if getting a superchip for this truck would be worth the cost. Was hoping to get a little better gas mileage.

It has 295 /70R 18 tires.

Please advise as I haven't had a truck that was lifted and so forth before.

The owner indicated that he was getting about close to 17-18 MPG.

I guess he was telling me the truth.

Thanks

Biggun

Ray 09-11-2011 01:12 PM

This needs to be posted in the Fishing Reports also.

Montauk17 09-11-2011 01:18 PM

LOL how many threads you gunna make?

shellman 09-11-2011 01:29 PM

Gunter ...I have same year tundra cc two wheel drive w/ 5.7 and get 17 t0 19 on hwy and 15 to 16 in town. If yours is 4 wd ,that is normal. A chip should help w/ addition of cold air induction.

speck-chaser 09-11-2011 02:50 PM

I've got an 08 and that's about as good as I get also.

Raymond 09-11-2011 03:53 PM

17-18 maybe parked, believe he might have told a fib.

Montauk17 09-11-2011 03:57 PM

If you want fuel economy buy a car. The more power a truck has the worse it is on fuel.(ford ecoboost is the exception)

Salty 09-11-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 320669)
17-18 maybe parked, believe he might have told a fib.

He was talking about "MTG", not MPG. Apparently, there is a difference.

sears 09-12-2011 12:08 AM

I have the same truck and that is about right with those tires and a lift. I lost 1.5mpg with my 3" lift, and you lose about that with those tires.

Are you using the display in your dash to figure mpg or are you doing gallons/miles? Hypertech makes a speedo recalibtator.

With stock tires, conservative driving, and Ethanol free gas I can get 19mpg. Normally 17mpg.

A "chip" won't really do much for mpg on the Tundras. Your best bet would be stock tires, which are much lighter.

If you want to sell those 295s or trade for my stock BFGs let me know..

Www.tundratalk.net

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted