SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Big Lake weirs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26294)

weedeater 12-20-2011 01:52 PM

Big Lake weirs

Is there anywhere to launch and run to the weirs on marsh side? I know that you can run from Heberts or the Ferry but for guys with smalll boats is there anywhere in Camron or elsewhere to launch and cut through marsh, I know that on satellite map it shows cuts but is all this posted?

1fastmerc 12-20-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 365427)
Is there anywhere to launch and run to the weirs on marsh side? I know that you can run from Heberts or the Ferry but for guys with smalll boats is there anywhere in Camron or elsewhere to launch and cut through marsh, I know that on satellite map it shows cuts but is all this posted?

You talking bout the weirs on the east side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weedeater 12-20-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 365449)
You talking bout the weirs on the east side?

yea Lamberts Bayou area, thought I had that in there

1fastmerc 12-20-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 365477)
yea Lamberts Bayou area, thought I had that in there

When are ya planning on going?

weedeater 12-20-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 365479)
When are ya planning on going?

asking more for a guy I work with but, when I find me alittle flat bottom to put my motor on I am sure I will make a trip next yr to shrimp and maybe chase some reds.

pmckee318 12-20-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

I could be wrong but I believe the area is closed for fishing during duck season. I could be that they just close the weirs. better check with someone who knows for sure.

1fastmerc 12-20-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmckee318 (Post 365501)
I could be wrong but I believe the area is closed for fishing during duck season. I could be that they just close the weirs. better check with someone who knows for sure.

Yup it's closed

weedeater 12-20-2011 05:40 PM

I think it is closed now.... I am thinking about for next yr when it opens back up, its a long wet ride in a small boat with any wind so I am tring to find if there is any place to launch an come through marsh to weirs. A guy I work with said he went in from Big Lake and turned to left and went alittle ways and there are signs saying you can't go past that point but I am wondering if there is anyway to come from other side of marsh.

Gottogo49 12-20-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Yes, it is physically possible to launch in the marsh at the end of Big Pasture road and go through the marsh and get to Grand and Lambert's.
That is what the wildlife agents from Cameron Prairie do. They have special permission from the Miami Corporation. You can not get permission! You can get arrested for even trying to go though their marsh. The folks who have duck leases in there are not allowed to fish, crab, cast net or anything other than duck hunt. There is a private launch on the other side over by East Pass - T-Boy McCall's. Good luck with that one too. You'll probably just have to pound the lake like the rest of us.

Ray 12-20-2011 06:45 PM

There are several private launches in Cameron that will get you there, but the owners won't let you use them. They have been damaged and littered in the past and the land owners will not allow anyone they don't know to use them.
Also, roso cane has taken over several of the ditches going into the refuge from private owned land.
Only legal way to enter that area is thru the boat bay in Grand Bayou.

weedeater 12-20-2011 07:11 PM

well crap..... there goes that idea