SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Smoked duck (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26475)

latravcha 12-28-2011 10:27 AM

Smoked duck
 
I got a smoker for Christmas.
Has anyone smoked duck on one before?
Did you marinate the breast or just soak them in water for a few days?
Also what type of wood did you use and what temp and how long did you smoke them.

I want to smoke a few before I put them in the gumbo.

Jordan 12-28-2011 10:48 AM

try smokingmeatforums.com

Answered alot of questions i had.

"H" 12-28-2011 10:52 AM

I smoke chickens in my electric smoker all the time for gumbos.
Don't "over" smoke them, if your going to put them in a gumbo they don't have to be cooked all the way in the smoker.

Eman is the smoker authority here, send him a pm

DUCKGOGETTER 12-28-2011 11:20 AM

My dads neighbor gave me six he smoked yesterday talk about smell good. I'm gonna cook them in a gravy this weekend.

Ray 12-28-2011 11:51 AM

Put on smoke no more than an hour or so, or until the skin looks cooked. Then wrap in foil, Sealed good.
Put back on pit and let cook a couple more hours, low heat.
Test for tenderness. If not tender, put back on again.
I inject them and season the outside real good.
If you don't put them in foil, they will dry out and be real tough.

eman 12-28-2011 06:12 PM

take the skin off and brine the breast over night. wrap w/ bacon and smoke to 140 internal for eating . smoke to 120 if you want to make gumbo or cook in gravy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted