SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   best $200 reel... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28245)

Nasty 02-18-2012 06:32 PM

best $200 reel...
 
Looking to buy another reel. Thinking about Chronarch 50. What new inshore baitcasting reel under $200 would you buy? No eBay specials (used).

PaulMyers 02-18-2012 06:49 PM

Outcast Baitcasting Reel. $150.00 and they work great! I got 1 on a rod at the house if you want to make a couple of casts with it.

+1

"W" 02-18-2012 06:59 PM

Pm sent

Nasty 02-18-2012 08:11 PM

Outcast?

meaux fishing 02-18-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasty (Post 394814)
Outcast?

made by the stick em rods people... smooth reels I threw one for a few minutes the other day

Nasty 02-18-2012 08:19 PM

Ball-bearing count? Double shielded stainless?

meaux fishing 02-18-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasty (Post 394822)
Ball-bearing count? Double shielded stainless?

this is a qute from the stick em guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zork (Post 342165)
We will be rolling out a new baitcasting reel in the next week or 2. The reels are going to be awesome w/12 ss bearings...smooth as all get out....watch out Shimano!! Here comes Outcast Reels! The Outcast reels will Outcast the Competition!


meaux fishing 02-18-2012 08:23 PM

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...t=24663&page=2

Nasty 02-18-2012 08:29 PM

No internet website for info on the outcast? Thanks meaux for info.

PaulMyers 02-18-2012 08:55 PM

No site yet but it does have the 12 bb. Very smooth! I've had one for about 4 months and love it. I get about 15 extra yards per cast from it over my Curado e7

+1

Salty 02-18-2012 09:07 PM

IMO, double-digit bearings in a reel is overkill. The # of bearings does not always equate to a smooth reel. Look at the Chronarch SF.....probably the smoothest of any baitcaster ever, and, nowhere near 10-12 bearings.

Nasty 02-18-2012 09:14 PM

Do you know the weight? What is its approximate size compared to curado e200?

PaulMyers 02-18-2012 09:19 PM

The size is right in line with the Curado e7 and it is a very lite reel. I don't know the exact weight though.

+1

BossHog 02-18-2012 09:22 PM

A lot of reels are smooth and cast far out of the box but most don't stay that way for long. IMO get a shimano

PaulMyers 02-18-2012 09:26 PM

Shimano makes very good reels, for sure!

+1

SaltyShaw 02-18-2012 10:45 PM

Core's are tits but to pricey for this chump(me)
I really like the new Chronarch 50's
I think it is a good bang for the buck just my 2 cents

Nasty 02-20-2012 09:54 AM

I am 95% sure I will be getting a Chronarch 50E with a custom made Duce Rod.

PaulMyers 02-20-2012 10:29 AM

Should be a nice set up.

Enjoy!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted