SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lake Martin? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695)

timmyprejean 05-24-2012 07:53 AM

Lake Martin?

Anyone been to Lake Martin lately. Thinking about hitting it this weekend to stay away from Henderson chaos, just wondering if bream/goggle eye were biting? Thanks

bull1134 05-24-2012 08:04 AM

lake martin chaos is a lot worse, at least henderson has somewhere to park (sometimes!)

timmyprejean 05-24-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bull1134 (Post 436880)
lake martin chaos is a lot worse, at least henderson has somewhere to park (sometimes!)

So lake Martin will have more ppl this Memorial Day weekend then Henderson you think?

Duck Butter 05-24-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyprejean (Post 436882)
So lake Martin will have more ppl this Memorial Day weekend then Henderson you think?

Right now is a good time to go, the crowds are at Henderson/Pelba and LDWF sprayed the hyacinth and salvinia a week ago so its easy to get around. Lake looks real good, saw a big ol mess of chinquapin come from there last week and the bream should be still bedded up as well. Hyacinth is gone but the lotus lilies are coming out so should be good for a little while til the hyacinth comes back. :)

If I HAD to go fishing for bream I would definitely go to Henderson though. Most everyone fishes right near the bridges and you can get far away from people. Fish the little islands north of I-10 and if you can find some live cypress in shallow water it is ON! Caught more than I cared to clean a few weeks ago.

BassAssasin 05-24-2012 02:01 PM

i got into some bream on the amaco last weekend, only saw one boat all morning. put your cork at you hip with hook on floor and throw toward the bank. pull it out to where your bait isnt on the bottom and they would hit it. we used crickets and worms

timmyprejean 05-24-2012 02:55 PM

where exactly is the amaco? we went to north bijeaux last weekend at the islands in about 3 foot of water and it was dead. used crickets

BassAssasin 05-24-2012 03:10 PM

the amaco is south of the bridge, take a right out of Turtles and look for a cut on your left

timmyprejean 05-24-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 437146)
the amaco is south of the bridge, take a right out of Turtles and look for a cut on your left

sorry im new to Henderson, Turtles? is that near Bijeaux

Duck Butter 05-24-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyprejean (Post 437188)
sorry im new to Henderson, Turtles? is that near Bijeaux

Turtles is turtles bar I believe which is on the west side of the basin, south of I-10. When you are in Henderson ans pass Pat's hang a right and their will be a sign for Turtles. Looks to be a cool little bar, believe the launch was 4 or 5 dollars though

ranger-go-getter 05-24-2012 09:53 PM

Smoked some bass in Henderson today