SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Home made power pole (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33679)

doughutchinson 07-11-2012 05:50 AM

Home made power pole
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 37114what do you think it extends 10 ft it uses air does any one have it mounted directly to there boat kind of scared of drilling holes in my boat . Does any one see anything they would do different let me know I could mass produce these if any one wants to try it out

Harley123 07-11-2012 06:12 PM

ok so I have to carry a compressor on my boat to use it not trying to be a smart a** just wondering if that was the plan

meaux fishing 07-11-2012 06:19 PM

What do you use to make it come up?

Big Kahunaz 07-11-2012 09:08 PM

Reminds me of a jump to conclusions map if anyone catches my drift....(office space ;) )

doughutchinson 07-11-2012 09:29 PM

I'm using a air tank with a compressor that cuts on when psi gets low. I'm just trying to save some money don't have 1700$ laying around for a real power pole but it will work just like one . I'm useing a stainless air cylinder

Kenner18 07-11-2012 09:31 PM

I got to see this thing in action .. Make us a video of it in operation .

doughutchinson 07-11-2012 09:32 PM

You could also use co2 or nitrogen with a high psi regulator

CajunSaint 07-11-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughutchinson (Post 460956)
I'm using a air tank with a compressor that cuts on when psi gets low. I'm just trying to save some money don't have 1700$ laying around for a real power pole but it will work just like one . I'm useing a stainless air cylinder

Looks great to me! What size boat r u putting it on?

P.S. let's get a Patton real fast

doughutchinson 07-11-2012 09:34 PM

Will do have a few more parts to come in and i will post it

doughutchinson 07-11-2012 09:36 PM

161/2 cajun

doughutchinson 07-11-2012 09:39 PM

It is also wireless but with only one remote

CajunSaint 07-11-2012 09:41 PM

Great looking forward to the outcome! Keep us posted!
One question is there a release valve to pick it up, or is it Manual ?

doughutchinson 07-12-2012 05:42 AM

Yes it is a double acting cylinder

YellowMouth7 07-12-2012 01:20 PM

Thats pretty cool

SquatchHunter 07-12-2012 04:25 PM

good idea to save money looks almost like real thing bet it work like a champ

redaddiction 07-12-2012 04:32 PM

I saw this a while back. It uses an electric linear actuator to move the parts. It's pretty cheap to make. Don't know how powerful it is to penetrate the bottom though.


Actuator:
http://www.e-motionllc.com/SLEEK_SQU...ATORS_s/22.htm

Remote Control:
http://www.e-motionllc.com/Remote_Co...m_p/4ch-rc.htm

speck-chaser 07-12-2012 04:37 PM

neat idea

doughutchinson 07-14-2012 06:51 AM

The only problem with that guys version is once its down it is rigid and can not take any waves

hankscke123 07-14-2012 07:56 AM

how about making bracket that extends off jack plate.

huntin fool 07-14-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hankscke123 (Post 462273)
how about making bracket that extends off jack plate.

That's how my powerpole is mounted. Works greaf


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted