SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Crossbreeds! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35060)

Finfeatherfur 08-15-2012 08:22 AM

Crossbreeds!

I awoke awhile back to find my Belgium Malinois K9 in the same kennel as my chocolate lab hunting dog. He had chewed/pulled his way through the center divider to get him some strange since she was in heat. I originally thought that I had caught him in time and nobody got knocked up. Well, I was wrong and will have a litter on the ground anyday now. If you are not familiar with the Malinois, google them or go to Youtube. Incredible animals with a prey drive off the charts which is why they are so good at what they do.

I have no idea what they will look like, but if anyone is looking for a free pet, let me know. I will need to offload these asap. They should make great bloodtrailing dogs at the very minimum since they will have the drive of a lab and Mali.

Lake Chuck Duck 08-15-2012 08:36 AM

I bet that will be a cool looking dog.

KDM 08-15-2012 08:37 AM

Fin, do you think they would make good hog dogs????

Lake Chuck Duck 08-15-2012 08:41 AM

http://www.alpinecommunitynetwork.co...female_opt.jpg
Here is a female German Malinois and lab mix I found online.

Finfeatherfur 08-15-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDM (Post 477738)
Fin, do you think they would make good hog dogs????

They would indeed, and I may keep one to play around with. I know some guys that use straight Mals that failed K9 evaluations for different reasons for bloodtracking and they are bad arse.

jdm4x43732 08-15-2012 08:48 AM

I'll take one if you will have a male to get rid of.

weedeater 08-15-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 477742)
http://www.alpinecommunitynetwork.co...female_opt.jpg
Here is a female German Malinois and lab mix I found online.

Sorry but that is one ugly dog right there, looks like a ......:rolleyes: especially with that chain collar

Lake Chuck Duck 08-15-2012 09:28 AM

Snoop Dog!

speckdaddy 08-15-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 477767)
Snoop Dog!

Omg lolx100000000

flounder_smacker 08-15-2012 09:45 AM

Bet they will be some hyper sobs. May be interested in one keep us posted on what she has.

rustyb 08-15-2012 10:57 AM

I used to go to holland, and belgium, 6 times a year buying these dogs and have seen em crossed with everything imaginable. They all do whatever you need and are great dogs, but almost all times they are extremely active. They need something to do. If you dont give em something to do, they will find something to do. Awesome beed, extremely easy to train.

SGib 08-15-2012 11:04 AM

Might be interested in a male. Pics when they drop please sir!

Finfeatherfur 08-15-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 477809)
I used to go to holland, and belgium, 6 times a year buying these dogs and have seen em crossed with everything imaginable. They all do whatever you need and are great dogs, but almost all times they are extremely active. They need something to do. If you dont give em something to do, they will find something to do. Awesome beed, extremely easy to train.

Were you working for Roger?

Finfeatherfur 08-15-2012 12:03 PM

My very first K9 was a black lab back in the early 90's trained in narcotics detection. I traveled with another K9 handler to Atlanta for a federal training seminar in interstate work. We decided to save money for beer/bars at night by sharing one room at the "pet friendly" hotel. We went out one night, putting his new Mal in the bathroom, inside a pet crate, and my lab inside a pet crate in the main room. We got in about 1am drunk to find both dogs laying in our beds. The Mal had broken out of his crate, then chewed/busted his way through 2 layers of sheet rock, then chewed/busted the crate the Lab was in. They will find "something" to do!

rustyb 08-15-2012 01:22 PM

No I owned K9 Security. I used to buy and sell dogs for Roger. He was always too scared to fly. HAHA After I got out of that part of the business he had no choice and is finally over it. We got in that business together a long time ago. He worked for me right before getting into the police dog business.

rustyb 08-15-2012 01:27 PM

I knew one that was left in his room in St Francisville for the Angola trials. We were in the bar and they came looking for the person belonging to rm number ?? .Because there was water coming out of that room. When we got in we found water coming from 3 rooms on either both sides. The dog had broken the top portion of the toilet and had flooded the entire area. Dogs name was Danger. His department was not very amused.

fishfighter 08-15-2012 01:39 PM

yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 477743)
They would indeed, and I may keep one to play around with. I know some guys that use straight Mals that failed K9 evaluations for different reasons for bloodtracking and they are bad arse.

keep us posted when the time comes, post some pics could end up being the best dog ever

Finfeatherfur 08-15-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 477894)
I knew one that was left in his room in St Francisville for the Angola trials. We were in the bar and they came looking for the person belonging to rm number ?? .Because there was water coming out of that room. When we got in we found water coming from 3 rooms on either both sides. The dog had broken the top portion of the toilet and had flooded the entire area. Dogs name was Danger. His department was not very amused.

LMAO! I remember hearing that!