SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lafayette Area Employment (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35136)

youu_whoo_whoo 08-17-2012 10:07 AM

Lafayette Area Employment

I am a sophmore student at ULL, and i am trying to find a part time job. I am not only looking to see if you know of one , but I am also interested in if anyone has worked part time in college in Lafayette and found a job that is enjoyable. I have worked over the summers for the past 5 years but I would like to get a job during the year. I have done scanning papers and stuffing envelopes for one summer and the other four have been a helper to finished carpenters. This being said, I am not afraid to work hard, and I would apreciate any leads or information that anyone can offer.

If this is not an apropriate topic then the mods can delete it.

Thanks,
-Tyler

cajun_poboy 08-17-2012 10:27 AM

Check out General Office Supply on Jefferson st. Not sure if they have anything available, but they like to hire part time ULL students.

swamp snorkler 08-17-2012 01:36 PM

wish i could help you out, check out some little mom and pop oil field shops, thats what I did right after HS

bab52 08-17-2012 01:51 PM

Contact me if interested in doing electrical work.
And have traspotation.
Randall

BIG RED 1983 08-17-2012 06:42 PM

Try academy

Dogface 08-17-2012 07:22 PM

Try the local golf courses, they always need part time and week end help.

Speck Attack 08-17-2012 08:52 PM

What is your major in school? Have you consider an internship?

Matt G 08-17-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youu_whoo_whoo (Post 478824)
I am a sophmore student at ULL, and i am trying to find a part time job. I am not only looking to see if you know of one , but I am also interested in if anyone has worked part time in college in Lafayette and found a job that is enjoyable. I have worked over the summers for the past 5 years but I would like to get a job during the year. I have done scanning papers and stuffing envelopes for one summer and the other four have been a helper to finished carpenters. This being said, I am not afraid to work hard, and I would apreciate any leads or information that anyone can offer.

If this is not an apropriate topic then the mods can delete it.

Thanks,
-Tyler

Props for the drive man. Need more people like you at UL. I wish I could help, but I can give you a little advice. Find a job in your field of study. It'll be nice to have that experience when you graduate. Take it from me. Welding had nothing to do with Finance. Had to go back for a 2nd degree and get an internship just to get a job! Its my last semester (after 8 yrs) so I'll be around campus this semester. Hit me up and we can catch a beer or 2.

Good luck.

youu_whoo_whoo 08-17-2012 09:35 PM

My major is criminal justice, and I hope to be a wildlife and fisheries enforcement agent or a police officer. Thanks for all of the suggestions and advice so far.

leblanc272 08-18-2012 08:00 AM

Try Lafayette shooters or the golf courses. I worked while attending UL, but that was 15 years ago. If your schedule permits early morning work, a lot of golf course maintenance departments start between 5:30 -6a.m. You could do a mow and go for 3-4 hours in the morning and go to class. Just a thought

Country Boy 08-18-2012 09:09 AM

Come by Chris' electric service and talk to Chris, maybe he can help you out, we have been real busy latly. Give me a pm if you need more info.