SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Another good day in V.B. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36711)

speck-chaser 09-29-2012 10:56 AM

Another good day in V.B.

3 Attachment(s)
FIGHTING THE IDIOTS THAT IS!!! Jeremy P. jumped in the boat with me and my son Kyle yesterday morning. The day started out pretty windy,and pretty slow. We were able to get on a few sets of birds,until "porpoise man" came scattering all the fish over and over again. I have to say there were a few boats out there that did well working the birds together,but there is always those certain few that mess it up for everyone. The last one took the cake though. Us and one other boat was working a set of birds trolling along,and pecking away at them,until this big offshore boat with twin motors came, with a dude sitting on the bow,while the other dude drove him around,and came right in front of us,in the direction we were trolling,and literally got in between our two boats and right in the middle of the birds. All while never shutting off the engines. Just when you think youve seen it all, they still surprise you. Anyway,wen finally had enough with the bird idiots,and hit a few other places and got on to some nice fish. We had a shark eat one of our trout on the way to the boat,We caught another bird,and caught a lost spanish makeral way,way, deep inside.We ended up with 34 nice specks up to 4 lbs., a few huge whities,and a couple of bull croaker,and a spanish.Everything caught on plastics,and all on the inside. Other than fending off the idiots,and finding my side mirror half torn off my truck at the landing, we had a great day.

BayBolt23 09-29-2012 11:18 AM

Nice day Jody and Jeremy!
I might have to make a trip next week

meaux fishing 09-29-2012 11:53 AM

Nice job guys

DUCKGOGETTER 09-29-2012 12:14 PM

Great box shot and pics!!!

shellman 09-29-2012 12:32 PM

Very nice too bad had to put up w/ idiots....

alphaman 09-29-2012 04:46 PM

Nice job.!!

Country Boy 09-29-2012 05:21 PM

Nice catch , plan on fishing there in the morning.

Duck Butter 09-29-2012 05:32 PM

Nice fish there

dmtfish 09-29-2012 05:41 PM

Nice box of trout!

dwr353 10-02-2012 08:55 AM

Nice catch Speck. For the many people new to chasing specks(me included), What is the proper way to get in on the action and not be a jerk and bust the fish and screw the folks there already. We read the complaints about impolite people, but many have not been told-shown what is kosher. Enjoy the posts you and Matt write.

bjhooper82 10-02-2012 09:09 AM

Nice haul fellas

southern hunter 10-02-2012 09:57 AM

The proper way in my opinion is first of all if possible find your own set of birds, however many times that isn't possible. So If approaching birds with people already fishing them, try if possible to first decide which way the school is moving, which many times from my experience is directly into the wind and/or current. Once you have this figured out, shut your outboard down wayyy before you approach, and use your trolling motor to position yourself appropriately...always respecting the boats that were fishing the school first!

calcutta37 10-02-2012 10:11 AM

In vb there are so many that don't care and all they want is to catch fish. They don't know that they just spooked the school of trout. You guys that fish big lake should come and fish vb once in your life just to see the crazy people.

PaulMyers 10-02-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 499613)
In vb there are so many that don't care and all they want is to catch fish. They don't know that they just spooked the school of trout. You guys that fish big lake should come and fish vb once in your life just to see the crazy people.

I'm game, when are you going to invite me? :rolleyes:

PaulMyers 10-02-2012 10:27 AM

Thanks for the report Jody. Always glad to see you being able to get out and hit the water.

dwr353 10-02-2012 11:05 AM

Thanks Hunter, I have fished reds for years and just never fished specks in VB as I hunt first. That naturally is when VB is good. Might get to go on a weekday this fall and just wanted to know. Weekends I am at the camp in N. La or the duck blind. Hope all have a good catch and act like you would want to be treated.

jpeff31787 10-02-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 499613)

I've seen the people in big lake, and I don't think they can compare to V.Bay's insanity...

At least in Big Lake you have about 100 different spots to go to catch fish... V.Bay has about 10 spots lol

jpeff31787 10-02-2012 11:31 AM

I have to say Jody and his son Kyle sure put a good hurting on me! They wore me out at the last spot! At one point I netted both their 3lb fish at once! Awesome day! Cant wait for the next one

drunken clam 10-02-2012 12:52 PM

and remember anyone can own a boat

1 Attachment(s)
I fished vb ... the pt for 10 yrs before moving to big lk..i was shocked to see that there was some sort of etiquette on big lk ..if someone was on birds..u don t go in..if i was on birds..boats would go by..not always,,but alot of times.

.at the pt the birds are working out frt..the cove..blue pt hammock etc..very close to landing..it was nothing to see 15 boats surrounding birds..also there were huge trout in the birds..7 pounders sometimes..and a dangerous mad dash of boats racing towards them..etc..peop;le yelling and cursing

anyway

a nice, kind fellow..who never complains or lashes out ( i dont know him but have read his posts and I mean this in a nice way..so dont bash me) named "W" (who is absent as of late) , wrote a grt summary on how to approach birds..dont remember the thread but it would be very helpful to those newbees if u can find it

whacha gonna do..good luck when theres 75 boats sitting in the cove and the birds start working within eyesight...

maybe the answer is a long afternoon in your chair on the shore doing 16 ounce curls

calcutta37 10-02-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 499614)
I'm game, when are you going to invite me? :rolleyes:

Ill get you on board Paul. Next hitch I'm in..