SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Boat rewire (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43530)

latravcha 05-02-2013 06:44 PM

Boat rewire
 
Ok looks like the wiring on my boat is shot. I have corrosion 3 foot from the end on most wires so I see a need to completely rewire the boat. Has anyone ever done this and if so do you mind sharing what it cost you? Also can anyone recommend someone who may do this? I would try and do it myself but don't have the time. I have customers I have to take out for the oilmans, the SC trip first weekend in June, and a company tournament the weekend after that so I need it done before the SC trip.

calcutta37 05-02-2013 07:26 PM

What kind of boat?

latravcha 05-02-2013 08:00 PM

22' blazer bay. Looks like tinned wire was not used from the factory.

eman 05-02-2013 08:30 PM

Ken Sherman @ front to back boat service in B.R.

calcutta37 05-02-2013 08:30 PM

Man that sucks. The factory won't take care of it.

latravcha 05-02-2013 08:40 PM

No it is an 06. Looks like half is tinned wire half is not. Splices are non shrink wrap splices, no dielectric grease used. Just a mess. Only good thing is I think I can save the yamaha harness.

latravcha 05-02-2013 08:41 PM

I got a price from a place in new ibera that I was told to go to and he wants 5K. I'm going pick it up in the morning I would do a Jerry rig and sell it before I paid that.

latravcha 05-02-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 576226)
Ken Sherman @ front to back boat service in B.R.

Thanks I will call home on the way to get the boat from other shop in the morning.

wtretrievers 05-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 576226)
Ken Sherman @ front to back boat service in B.R.

Yes.....Ken is the best around. Some don't like his attitude. But he's good! Not really bad attitude he's just kinda dry.

Bdub 05-05-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latravcha (Post 576235)
I got a price from a place in new ibera that I was told to go to and he wants 5K. I'm going pick it up in the morning I would do a Jerry rig and sell it before I paid that.


I'll do it for a little less than that. I just did the wiring in my boat. All tinned marine wire, adhesive lined heatshrink connections, waterproof switches, fuse panel.

I wired these things up. Navigation lights, Trolling motor, Stereo, 2 Depth Finders, Bilge Pump, accessory socket, led ambient lighting.
The cost really sucked, but I've been waiting over a year since I bought my boat to do this (had some other mods to do before permanently wiring). I wouldn't want to do it again and I'm very happy I didn't cheap out, its worth it in the long run.

I paid a good bit for materials as it can take a good amount of wire depending on how its wired up, battery placement etc. I used 200ft of wire in my boat (16ft) to give you an idea...feel free to msg me if you have any ?s


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted