SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   12.9lb Spec Just Caught At Grand Bayou (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45160)

1fastmerc 06-22-2013 12:55 PM

12.9lb Spec Just Caught At Grand Bayou
 
Me and my wife is over her crabbing and a family that's in the no fishing zone caught a decent spec that was around 4lbs. After taking
pictures with they weighed it and said it weighed 12.9. Lol. Everybody out here is laughing. Oh the sites you see out here on the weekend. Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

drjay 06-22-2013 12:57 PM

How many boats are up against the weir? I'm thinking at least 2 on each side. Just once I want to see the po po out there.

"W" 06-22-2013 01:03 PM

That is every weekend... had a guy ask me to weight his trout at landing said man I caught this at grand its about 8 or 9 lbs

I saw he take a trout out and i was waiting for the hog and i waited... he said its this one....almost piss my self...few onces over 3lbs

1fastmerc 06-22-2013 01:06 PM

It's actually not that bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1fastmerc 06-22-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 596736)
That is every weekend... had a guy ask me to weight his trout at landing said man I caught this at grand its about 8 or 9 lbs

I saw he take a trout out and i was waiting for the hog and i waited... he said its this one....almost piss my self...few onces over 3lbs

Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PotLikinisAhabbit 06-22-2013 01:16 PM

they lose " a lot" of weight when you put them on ice. Im sure that is what happened. lmao

"W" 06-22-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotLikinisAhabbit (Post 596745)
they lose " a lot" of weight when you put them on ice. Im sure that is what happened. lmao

What happens 99% of the time is people who go there to fish on a weekend have never seen a big trout or caught one over a few lbs, so if they luck up and catch a 3-4lber it will auto gain another 2-4lbs by time they get home...

I have seen guys tell other guys man we caught 10 over 5lbs at the weirs and then they pull one out and say" this is our biggest " its about 4lbs max


People have zero conception what a big trout is or looks like, can you image a pilgrim getting lucky and really catching a 9lb trout !!!!! World Record by sundown

PotLikinisAhabbit 06-22-2013 01:39 PM

You know sooner are later one of them will catch a trout worth talking about possibly a record by parking a$$ and soaking bait at one of the weirs. Good luck fishing that end of the lake thereafter.

Gerald 06-22-2013 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I saw the size of this Tout's head going into the net I thought it might be 7+ lbs. It was built like a foot ball.....short and fat. Only 22" long.

1fastmerc 06-22-2013 04:44 PM

Oh sites we saw at the weirs and Calcasieu Point. We needed you W to help this poor people out. Putting your trailer in the water to load your boat and 15 min later still no sign of a boat heading to the trailer. I burnt more gas waiting at the launch than I did running all the way down to grand bayou from Calcasieu Point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

"W" 06-22-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 596819)
Oh sites we saw at the weirs and Calcasieu Point. We needed you W to help this poor people out. Putting your trailer in the water to load your boat and 15 min later still no sign of a boat heading to the trailer. I burnt more gas waiting at the launch than I did running all the way down to grand bayou from Calcasieu Point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Case of miller Light at Heberts around 12-3 best entertainment you ever had , you can not even begin to explain how hard you will LYAO

1fastmerc 06-22-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 596845)
Case of miller Light at Heberts around 12-3 best entertainment you ever had , you can not even begin to explain how hard you will LYAO

I really thought about you when we was at Cormiers to wash the boat. A T-top from Texas (one of the ones that was blocking the launch) almost pulling the washbay with three rods on still in the T-top. My wife had to stop him. Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

saute86 06-23-2013 01:40 AM

I watched one almost break every rod on their console going thru the weirs this afternoon. By the way how many people and crab lines can you put in and one a CC?

hadabite 06-23-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saute86 (Post 596961)
I watched one almost break every rod on their console going thru the weirs this afternoon. By the way how many people and crab lines can you put in and one a CC?

about 3 years ago i saw a guy drive up to the weirs and start yelling at the people on the other side to move because he was coming through..he was being a D*** as he was about to make it through you hear his outboard just a screaming (in reverse)...lol he was too tall and the current was too strong. needless to say his boat was a little bit shorter when he made it through. ahhhhh always entertainment. couldnt of happened to a better man. :shaking::rotfl:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted