SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New boat buying advise (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45500)

Tjeaux 07-01-2013 02:09 PM

New boat buying advise
 
I'm going to by a new boat shortly and have narrowed it down to two boats. 21' frontier or the 21' nautic star.
Looks like the nautic star has more options and built a little better but I don't know much about either one.

Also heard the Suzuki motors are good but their service is poor. Thinking about a Yamaha

Any advise from the salty guys would be appreciated

jchief 07-01-2013 02:17 PM

Which 21' Nautic Star? The 2110 is a narrower boat than the Frontier for sure and I believe the Frontier has a better ride.

Haven't heard anything bad abouit the Suzuki service.

inchspinner 07-01-2013 02:31 PM

They all build good boats some have more pro's than others but to me service is what ur buying, i would try to buy local and every motor will more than likely a prob somewhere down the line eventualy so read up on the boats your considering and go visit the stores that sell them and see how they treat you before the purchase.....good luck.

swamp snorkler 07-01-2013 03:13 PM

You can't go wrong with either one, Nautic Star or Frontier, Suk or Yamaha

Tjeaux 07-01-2013 03:17 PM

The nautic star is the 2110 SB and is a lot narrower.

Just not sold on the Suzuki as of yet and yam 150 would have a little lag on the hole shot.

I could go with the 200 Sho but not sure if I want to spend that much.

Natural Light Kid 07-01-2013 03:25 PM

You need to get a Haynie. I hear they are about to stop making all other boat lol. Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

brooks05 07-01-2013 03:27 PM

21 Frontier with 175 suzuki is a nice setup. 200 sho is a good motor but have heard some complain about the weight.

I have had good service on my 225 from Lake Area

Salty 07-01-2013 03:35 PM

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...=frontier+boat

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...ht=nautic+star

There are others. Just hit the "search" tab at the top of the main screen, type in your topic and you're good to go.

Tjeaux 07-01-2013 03:41 PM

Thanks,

It will be from Lake Area if I choose the frontier or Jerry's if I choose the Nautic star.

Lake Area has recommended the Suzuki 175 for the 2104 frontier I just not sure on suzuki. They told me the 200 Yamaha is a pig unless I go with the 200 SHO, but not sure if I want to spend that much. About a 7-8K difference in the Suzuki 175 to the YAmaha 200 SHO.

redaddiction 07-01-2013 03:46 PM

I'm sorry but there ain't no motor worth 8 grand extra. Suzukis have a great track record. Can't go wrong with it

Tjeaux 07-01-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 600385)
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...=frontier+boat

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...ht=nautic+star

There are others. Just hit the "search" tab at the top of the main screen, type in your topic and you're good to go.


Thanks for the link, I think the guys are right. Not worth the extra mph for the cost

bigrich74 07-01-2013 03:49 PM

Don't worry about the Suzuki. Most commercial fisherman are switching to Suzuki they are good motors and quiet. If Kyle at Lake Area told you to go with the 175 there is a good reason for it and there service is far better than jerry's.

trtdds 07-01-2013 03:53 PM

I have a 2012 225 SHO that I bought to replace my '96 200 Mariner 2 Stroke, and I am more than pleased. Power, economy, and hole shot are much better than my old 2 stroke. Can't give any input about the boats or the ammenities, but H&M Marine in Crowley has the best prices around on the Yam motors. Although that won't help you any if you are buying a package deal boat and not putting it together yourself.

Tjeaux 07-01-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 600389)
I'm sorry but there ain't no motor worth 8 grand extra. Suzukis have a great track record. Can't go wrong with it


Thanks what I'm thinking


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted