SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fuel Leak ? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45826)

CAMP CANARD 07-10-2013 03:18 PM

Fuel Leak ?
 
I must have a Fuel leak somewhere.
Open any hatch, and u can smell it right away.
Any ideas as to where to start looking ? I looked around the Fuel Filter, and can't see anything there.
Pathfinder 2200 TE with 225 SHO.

meaux fishing 07-10-2013 04:09 PM

Might have a crack in your tank or hose from tank to engine

meaux fishing 07-10-2013 04:10 PM

Is that the new boat?

jchief 07-10-2013 04:34 PM

In deck???

Does it have an access hatch? If so open it and the line is there going to the motor.

I would start there.

Hydro 07-10-2013 06:40 PM

Be very careful with gasoline fumes...

Open everything up and get some fans running so you can disconnect all of your batteries before going much further. Beneath the console should be your fuel tank access lid. Remove the lid and start from there, it may be something as easy as a loose sending unit . If the boat is new I would bring it back to the dealer.

My 2200v seemed to always have a smell to it, but not too strong as you are describing...

Hydro

BaseballFisherman 07-10-2013 07:59 PM

I've got a friend with the same boat as you but he has an HPDI instead of a SHO. Last month he had the same symptoms as you. Drained the fuel tank and they found there was a crack in the fuel tank. He looked into how much was involved to repair it and ended up selling the boat and buying another. I hope you have better luck with your Pathfinder than he did.

CAMP CANARD 07-11-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 603998)
Is that the new boat?

Yeah. New/used
80 Hours on it when I bought.

CAMP CANARD 07-11-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 604066)
Be very careful with gasoline fumes...

Open everything up and get some fans running so you can disconnect all of your batteries before going much further. Beneath the console should be your fuel tank access lid. Remove the lid and start from there, it may be something as easy as a loose sending unit . If the boat is new I would bring it back to the dealer.

My 2200v seemed to always have a smell to it, but not too strong as you are describing...

Hydro

I have not looked under the console for that lid. Only other access hatch is just in front of the motor. 2008 Boat with 2010 motor.
Thanks for the info.

jchief 07-11-2013 02:58 PM

Insurance paid up????

Hollis F 07-15-2013 07:30 PM

I just had the same problem on my Haynie. After checking everything and talking to Haynie, we found the leak around the fuel sendor on the top of the fuel tank. had it replaced and all is good again.

Raymond 07-15-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 604400)
Insurance paid up????

Not with me so letter roll!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted