SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Throwdown Entry (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46267)

SigNate 07-23-2013 08:43 PM

Throwdown Entry
 
Thought I'd share this with you guys.
This was amy entry for a photo Food Throwdown I entered.

Keg Grilled Flap Steak Brunch




Everything here was cooked on the Keg(grill).

Hot and Fast Grilled Flap Steak
Grilled Portobello Mushroom
Mascarpone Grits
Keg Griddled Angel Biscuits
Kegged Eggs Sunnyside up
This is probably the only place I can post this that I don't believe there are any crossover members. It's an anonymous voting process so I don't want any votes by anyone already a member of that forum.

Matt G 07-23-2013 08:52 PM

Man you have got to give me some classes! That is insane :cheers:

simplepeddler 07-23-2013 08:54 PM

I can't vote on food unless I can EAT!! LOL

calcutta37 07-23-2013 09:32 PM

You WIN

bgizzle 07-23-2013 09:43 PM

Wow dude that stuff looks on point! Here I am thinking I can cook. You should do that for a living if you don't already

latravcha 07-24-2013 08:50 AM

I thought the throwdown for this month was noodles

SigNate 08-05-2013 06:40 AM

Well, I won the last round in my group and moved on to compete against a Canadian fellow for the championship. This one is for a prize. Below is my entry.

Cowboy Keggin'

Grilled Cowboy Ribeye with a Garlic parsley compound butter. Served with Mongo (Blazing Saddles) style kegged beans with hog jowl bacon, Stuffed Keg Baked Potatoes, Cowboy Fry Bread, Keg roasted Salsa and an icy cold Texas Brewski.


The plated meal


swamp snorkler 08-05-2013 07:01 AM

That's great Sig....... if your not a food photographer you should become one!

SigNate 08-05-2013 07:42 AM

A few other shots





http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSC02777.jpg
This picture isn't as good as I thought it would come out but the steak was perfectly cooked for my tastee.


Matt G 08-05-2013 08:15 AM

Dammit Nate! You are talented my friend.

That knife in the pic is bas @$$....... Where can a fella find some like that?

SigNate 08-05-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 613374)
That knife in the pic is bas @$$....... Where can a fella find some like that?


Thanks!
I'll have to give the guy I got it from a call to see if he still makes them. It's made from an old railroad spike. Pretty cool!

Matt G 08-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigNate (Post 613424)
Thanks!
I'll have to give the guy I got it from a call to see if he still makes them. It's made from an old railroad spike. Pretty cool!

I might have to find me some old railroad spikes and try to make some.

SigNate 08-07-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 613374)
Dammit Nate! You are talented my friend.

That knife in the pic is bas @$$....... Where can a fella find some like that?


I spoke to the guy I bought mine from yesterday morning. He doesn't have any at this time and it's actually his dad that makes them. He'll check with his dad to see how much he'll charge for them. How many would you be interested in buying?

I'm going to see if he can make me a matching spoon ansd fork to go with my knife


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted