SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Beach Beat Down (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49760)

duckman1911 12-01-2013 07:29 AM

Beach Beat Down
 
2 Attachment(s)
My wife, my son, and I hit the beach Friday and Saturday and the fishing was great. By 12:30 yesterday we were headed back home with full boxes. In coming tide using cut mullet and the bite was on. There was a group fishing on the left and right of us and every time I looked down the beach at them someone had a fish on. The bite yesterday was more consistent than Friday but not as aggressive. The fish were hammering the bait Friday but yesterday you really had to be paying attention to even know you had a bite. I swear it was like they would pick up the bait and just sit there with it. All I know is it was an amazing trip for my family. 20 reds and 6 black drum. The slot reds yesterday were perfect. We were hauling in 24" to 26" fish.

Matt G 12-01-2013 08:18 AM

That sure is an awesome trip. Glad y'all were able to get on some fish.

Goooh 12-01-2013 08:38 AM

Awesome!!!

Chip Landry 12-01-2013 08:59 AM

Looks like you got their number now!

duckman1911 12-01-2013 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Our boy was pumped to say the least.
MathGeek fished with us Friday afternoon. Nice guy with a great family. They were using crab and put some nice reds on the beach also.

bobo23 12-01-2013 10:15 AM

Awesome day!

Sightwindow 12-01-2013 02:12 PM

Just curious, how far out do you have to toss it out there to get bites?

duckman1911 12-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sightwindow (Post 647023)
Just curious, how far out do you have to toss it out there to get bites?

Was throwing as far as we could with 10ft rods. Did most of the casting from the beach but did wade out for a few casts. MG and his family were using 8ft rods and didnt have quite the casting distance and they still caught fish. We caught several fish in real close to the beach. It was one of those trips were it didnt matter what you did the fish would find it.

Country Boy 12-01-2013 02:41 PM

Nice!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1fastmerc 12-01-2013 03:10 PM

Awesome trip buddy. I don't guess you had a chance to try for some flounder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

vittok 12-01-2013 03:16 PM

Nice!!!

duckman1911 12-01-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 647032)
Awesome trip buddy. I don't guess you had a chance to try for some flounder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nope. Really wanted to catch a flounder but the beach was too hot to leave. Maybe some other time. Had to stay where I knew the fish were this trip.

pathfinder2200 12-01-2013 08:48 PM

Making family memories-priceless! Well done.

1fastmerc 12-01-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 647059)
Nope. Really wanted to catch a flounder but the beach was too hot to leave. Maybe some other time. Had to stay where I knew the fish were this trip.

Don't blame ya


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Garfish 12-02-2013 11:04 AM

Mighty nice

RAGINJROB 12-02-2013 11:25 AM

Great trip! Were you fishing Rutherford or around Holly Beach?

duckman1911 12-02-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAGINJROB (Post 647191)
Great trip! Were you fishing Rutherford or around Holly Beach?

The beach on 27 between Holly beach and Cameron. Everybody up and down the beach was catching fish.

duckman1911 12-02-2013 01:05 PM

There was a guy a 100 yards or so from us. His buddy left so he was by himself. I watched drag in a nice 24" red and as soon as he got it on the beach his other rod doubled over. He grabbed it and I could tell he had a big fish on. I ran down to give him a hand landing it. The beach was washed out bad and I didnt want him to loose his fish trying to drag it on shore. He had a 40" red. Real nice fish. Im sure I was waddling like a retarded duck trying to sprint 100 yards wearing neoprene chest waders.lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted